The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

Not a hope in hell laz, won’t even line up in it

Already confirmed as his Cheltenham target by Tizzard Kid

He’d better inform the connections …

When was that ?

Post race interview with the trainer, said wouldn’t fear todays winner on good ground

That’s probably true

Great days racing today. Leopardstown was jammed with arseholes, all in good spirits though.

Delighted for Defy Logic. Won a few quid on the horses I posted up earlier and the voices tips, he’s a man on fire.

Seems to be some glaring wrong prices tomorrow. No way is Sizing Europe a 3/1 shot or Benefficient a 14/1 shot. Cause of Causes looks a pure plot job. Cross Appeal is also ridiculously priced. Also very interesting that Carberry is on King of the Picts rather than Andy Mac who rides most of Shanahans hurdlers.

@thedancingbaby will be delighted

JP McManus’s Fahamore, who finished fourth in the beginners’ chase that started off the day’s racing at Down Royal, was subsequently banned for 42 days by the stewards.
The six-year-old gelding’s trainer Eddie Harty[/URL]was fined €1,000 for being in breach of Rule 212 while jockey [URL=‘http://www.irishracing.com/jockey?name=Niall-Madden&prt=6280’]Niall Madden received a seven-day suspension for a breach of the same rule, and he was ordered to forfeit his riding fee.

The horse was beaten 19.5 lengths into fourth by Leish Oscar. The comments in-running read ‘held up, 7th halfway, ridden and no impression before 3 out, left poor 4th 2 out, kept on one pace’.

The stewards report is below.

The Stewards enquired into the running and riding of Fahamore[/URL] (GB), ridden by N.P. Madden, and trained by Edward P.Harty. Evidence was heard from the trainer and rider concerned. Edward P. Harty, trainer, stated that he instructed the rider to give his mount a chance early on as he had not run since May, get him jumping, creep into the race and don’t knock him about as he had encountered training problems with his stifles. He added that his charge made a slight mistake at the fourth last fence and lost his chance which he failed to regain. The exit of three runners at the second last fence left him in fourth place and he ran on in the latter stages without looking like reaching third place. He felt that his charge would improve a little for todays run and he had a respectable blow post race. He expressed his satisfaction with the ride. N.P. Madden, rider, confirmed the trainers instructions and added that he was in contention racing to the fourth last fence but having corrected him on the approach to it, he lost ground and with the front runners quickening at that point his own mount was flat footed and he just pushed him along from that point without hitting him. He added that his mount took a blow at the fourth last fence but galloped on in the closing stages without being able to pass the third placed horse. He felt that he rode to his strongest ability and within his riding instructions. The Stewards also received a report from the Turf Club Veterinary Officer who stated that [URL=‘http://www.irishracing.com/horse?name=Fahamore&prt=423316’]Fahamore[/URL] (GB) was post race normal. Having viewed the recording of the race and considered the evidence, the Stewards were of the opinion that Edward P. Harty and N.P. Madden were in breach of Rule 212. They fined Edward P. Harty €1,000 and suspended [URL=‘http://www.irishracing.com/horse?name=Fahamore&prt=423316’]Fahamore (GB) for 42 days. They also suspended N.P. Madden for 7 race days and ordered that he forfeit his riding fee.

Home Farm is the only horse I like at the prices tomorrow. As stated previously on this thread, I think he is on a very good mark. Cause of causes is the obvious plot but I would still have doubts about his jumping.

Will be backing pumbaa and castle wings in limerick tomorrow. Can’t see granduet getting beat @ weights but not one to be getting stuck into

Tony Martin’s string are running woefully. Victrix Gale would be of interest aswell, only for that.

Defy Logic as short as 6s for the Arkle - crazy shit. Champagne Fever is much better around Cheltenham. Felix Younger at 14’s NRFB with BV is massive value.

Felix will go for Jewson I’d say, especially with it a Grade 1 this year. Having watched the race again, Champagne Fever looked to have Defy Logic covered. The former had no chance after that mistake. Defy Logic would seem to need soft ground and that would worry me with regards his chance at Festival.

Champagne Fever is still the one to beat in my book but I was deeply impressed by Dodging Bullet’s last run at Cheltenham. He looks a bull of a horse and has really strengthened up, which is to be expected as a rising 6 year old. Hopefully he can confirm that good impression at Kempton tomorrow.

Fp, wrt the faster novices chasers its never a good think when they’re kept hurdling for 2 seasons. I have a minus beside db due to that . Also think kempton will suit granduet ( speed horse ) and again the weight swing should be decisive tomorrow

Champagne fever ran poorly last Xmas also, wouldn’t take any notice. Also re fekix yongers defeat. I remember SDC losing the same race to knockfierna 2 years ago

Thought trifolium got a really easy ride today for a horse running into the last so well, I wonder does he burst ?

[quote=“Kid Chocolate, post: 878316, member: 553”]Champagne fever ran poorly last Xmas also, wouldn’t take any notice. Also re fekix yongers defeat. I remember SDC losing the same race to knockfierna 2 years ago

Thought trifolium got a really easy ride today for a horse running into the last so well, I wonder does he burst ?[/quote]
He scoped badly last Christmas.

[quote=“Kid Chocolate, post: 878316, member: 553”]Champagne fever ran poorly last Xmas also, wouldn’t take any notice. Also re fekix yongers defeat. I remember SDC losing the same race to knockfierna 2 years ago

Thought trifolium got a really easy ride today for a horse running into the last so well, I wonder does he burst ?[/quote]
You remember incorrectly;)

Was it tomorrow’s race, she had him nailed and ran out you know what I meant

How does your theory stack up with Grandouet who has stayed hurdling for three seasons?

I don’t think he’ll be top of the pile either, but should win tomorrow