The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters šŸ

feathard lady !

Boston Bob -gold cup
Quevega - mares hurdle
Annie Power - Stayers

If Boston Bob goes for the stayers as predicted I think sheā€™ll skip for aintree?

I had earmarked MTOY last year after the Supreme but the horse couldnā€™t pass Champagne Fever and I would question whether it will battle to win it this year. Most recent run would suggest Yes but this is a more competitive race than that Supreme. Id be surprised if Our Conor was out of the first 3, the Fly might be past his best this time round.

I donā€™t think Annie will run in the CH,she just seems to big and scopy to meā€¦our conor needs to improve a lot, its possible he willā€¦but he needs toā€¦you need to see it in the book for the CHā€¦they donā€™t tend to go there and pull it out of the hatā€¦he needs a big irish CH run. MTOY has it in the bookā€¦he may have an issue with his constitution re putting his head down and winning but heā€™ll be there jumping the last for sure

What are your views on Jezki. Would need to improve a good bit but more than capable

Consistently short of top levelā€¦I donā€™t see him as the winner unless something unusual happens, has had his 3 runs now and is showing his form , still at 161 which is well short of CH winning rating(170). I could see a scenario where Our Conor does improve so would be looking at him more than jezki but again, he needs to improve just to be there and I think his price 8/9-1 reflects what heā€™s done.

What is your view of Hurricane Fly bro. Wouldnā€™t need to improve really, more than capable

Iā€™ll put it to you this way Laz, in my vie this is the Flys hardest test to date in my reckoning. Up against younger horses who all have room for improvement. I think weā€™ve seen the best of the Fly.

On form you are right Kid and to be fair thats all you could judge Jezki on. However at the last fence in the Supreme last year Jezki was still in the reckoning, its whethet you think the horse can improve from that. Positioning during the race might yield 3 to 4 lengths though that wonā€™t matter a fuck if Our Conor makes a drive for the front say 3 from home.

Jezki wouldnā€™t keep up then youā€™d suspect.

If the Champion Hurdle was run on a track like Leopardstown, Hurricane Fly would be odds on. Even at the age of 10, I cannot see any of the current crop being good enough to beat him.

Cheltenham does not suit him as well, especially on quicker ground. It is to his credit and greatness that he has won two Champion Hurdles.

[quote=ā€œBeTimberin, post: 883593, member: 675ā€]Iā€™ll put it to you this way Laz, in my vie this is the Flys hardest test to date in my reckoning. Up against younger horses who all have room for improvement. I think weā€™ve seen the best of the Fly.
[/quote]
Heard it all before mate. Same shit different year.

Hurricane Fly wins the hurdle, chalk it up

Without a horse of the quality of binocular in the race I cannot see The Fly being beaten

I was blind now I can see you made a believer out of me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx-2_JcKkSk

the argument fp makes is undoubtedly true, i.e . HF is 3-4lbs off his best in cheā€¦the gnd factor is also the reason I will probably take him on with TNO presuming its good or better. But if you are a HF fan youā€™d be nuts to go off him now, he as good as ever. The question comes down to whether one of the new crop can run to ~172 at che in marchā€¦

TNO rating 167 5 YO rising 6 better form on good gnd perfect sire (king theatre)
MTOY rating 160 - rising 7 - would appear to have no ground preference
Our Conor - 161 - rising 5 (ex flat) - best form on worse than good
Annie Power - 159 + 7 (166) - best form over 2 1/2 mls - no form on good - sire a def worry (stayer)

You can see why segal went with APā€¦at the prices. But if you are assuming it will be good gnd, and hoping for something to hit 172ā€¦i think its pretty obvious where the best chance of knocking the fly currently lies

Un De Sceaux 156 rising 6 - all form on soft - never heard of sire (french)
He could be anything his time in pun win was exceptional
Would need to do something spectacular in Jan/Feb but who knowsā€¦cant see it

[quote=ā€œKid Chocolate, post: 883616, member: 553ā€]Un De Sceaux 156 rising 6 - all form on soft - never heard of sire (french)
He could be anything his time in pun win was exceptional
Would need to do something spectacular in Jan/Feb but who knowsā€¦cant see it[/quote]

Heā€™s too hard on himself though. Wants to just run and run and wouldnā€™t see him getting away with it in a CH. While heā€™s been visually impressive in his wins in all truth heā€™s not come up against anything in this class yet. Would like to see him run in the Irish Champion to ruffle things up a bit but doubt he will.

all trueā€¦

Heā€™s entered up on Sunday in Navan. Ally Cascade, Waheeb and Flaxen Flare also entered but presume a lot of them will dodge him now.

Interesting stuff here on Last Installment and Dunguib

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/racing/bryan-cooper-looking-forward-to-riding-last-instament-at-thurles-for-gigginstown-stud-1.1647364

I see the Lalors send Carigeen Lechuga over for the Yorkshire national tomorrow. Wouldnā€™t be surprised to see him outrunning his current 22/1 best price. Pissing rain there at the moment so Iā€™ll be a right slog.

[quote=ā€œMac, post: 883884, member: 109ā€]Interesting stuff here on Last Installment and Dunguib

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/racing/bryan-cooper-looking-forward-to-riding-last-instament-at-thurles-for-gigginstown-stud-1.1647364[/quote]
Poor auld Dunguibā€¦ Will never forget the cursing done in Hacketts Bookmakers after the Supreme in 2010ā€¦