The Summer 2018 and 2019 Playlist thread (songs about summer or with summer in the title by year)

Summer Breeze - The Isley Brothers

https://youtu.be/T88fbHOmvRk

2 Likes

This is a travesty of a mockery of a shambles of an attempt at moderation. It wouldn’t have happened in my young day.

1 Like

It’s actually very consistent if you know the characters involved. Science has to consider variables.

2 Likes

On a personal level it’s devastating. You should have considered the impact of your decisions

There have been no rulings yet. First playlist is on Wednesday. Plenty time.

I’m already banned. I was cut off in my prime, i had so much more to give. The sad thing is, so had you…

I am issuing my first executive pardon, consider yourself reinstated.

Before I even consider accepting your reinstatement I’ve gotta come clean. It was me who changed the thread title to “Bummer Playlist”, it was me who then changed it to “A"Shrine to injustice Playlist”. It was also me who changed it to, “shove your bottle of Green Spot up your hole.thread”. I’m not proud of my actions (maybe a wee bit pleased with the suggestion regarding the bottle of Green Spot). It was me from the start and me all the way through.
What can I say. I’m a deeply flawed human being.

It’s ok, forgiveness is part of my makeup.

I don’t see any of it today, and it’s been sadly lacking this summer

Roy Ayers - Everybody Loves The Sunshine

I was not aware Roy Ayers played Glastonbury this year - the sun shone there

I was listening to this song there just now which reminded me of the above classic

Erykah Badu - Honey

1 Like

Primal Scream - Screamadelica

1 Like

An absolute classic

I think I nearly prefer this remixed version of it

The video is brilliant too - it’s from the 1972 Wattstax concert at the Los Angeles Coliseum - Jesse Jackson’s speech at this concert was sampled in Primal Scream’s “Come Together”

1 Like