The Saturday/Sunday Game Thread

RTE is panic mode now trying to suck up to the Dubs

3 Likes

What’s the story here?

Was absolutely farcical. Poor oul dermo

Joe Brolly is on the ball there. Dubs ignoring rte is going to be a great laugh.

Following on from @bandages explanation on the other thread, tonights panel on the Sunday Game have hung Pat out to dry to try and get the Dubs back on side.

Everyone blamed except Connolly

2 Likes

Jim Gavin sent the national broadcaster home with tea in their cups!

He’s done em good and proper. No interviews now…Tyrone still at that aswell?

1 Like

:grin:

All Spillane said was that he put his hand on the official and that’s a 12 week ban. It’s black and white. I think that Gavin and Dublin are making far too much of an issue of it. Gavin was very tetchy at the start of the press conference

3 Likes

Who is losing out though? How many people watching the Sunday game are even slightly disappointed they didn’t get to hear from Jim or Paul Mannion? If I never heard another post match interview in any sport it wouldn’t cost me a minutes thought

Assume the only issue for rte is whoever sponsored the MOTM didn’t get their money worth

2 Likes

Any chance Tyrone could end up playing Dublin at any stage? RTE would nearly hand it over to Sky for free I’d say

No ones said that

Due to meet in semi finals if they both keep winning

90% of the discussion was about whether or not Spillane was out of order ffs

But no one said it wasn’t Diarmuid Connolly fault. You just made that up
Gavin even said it in his presser you gom

1 Like

Gavin said he had legal advice that would have the ban overturned if he went down that road in the presser not exactly an act of contrition

And Brolly half blaming the linesman for it there for not protecting conolly.

Brolly is some fucking hypocrite too giving Spillane shit for his comments after the absolute hatchet job he did on Sean Cavanaugh

5 Likes

Jim Galvin’s presser was funny this evening . He invoked the constitution and “right to a good name” . In the words of a certain poster here , deary me .

1 Like

:popcorn:

3 Likes

This shite doesnt matter.

The best footballer in the country will be back playing in August when it matters.

1 Like

Gavin said Connolly accepted he had done wrong.

That doesn’t tally with your first comment that everyone is blamed except Connolly. I’m not arguing anything else

The discussion was around the influence of the comments that night on the Sunday Game. Not on the rights or wrongs of the incident