The Tennis Thread

@Cicero_Dandi first reaction to the shameful carry on of Miss Williams was to rush on here screeching like a snowflake about the impeccable sportsmanship credentials of Roger Federer, the 13 times most sporting player of the year recipient, as chosen by his fellow professional players. Posting up a YouTube clip from a match from 9 years ago involving Federer. Not a word of condemnation of the indefensible conduct of Miss Williams. Federer the GOAT has completely occupied @Cicero_Dandi head space.

Odd post. @Cicero_Dandi has only been posting here for about 7-8 or months. Actually, I’ve just checked his avatar there now, he’s a reigestered user since 31 December 2017. You’ve as poor a grasp of numbers and facts and a tendency towards embellishment as @Cicero_Dandi.

I’m commenting on the great hypocrisy of your shrieking. You have failed to condemn Federer’s actions at all in 2009 which is an amazing contradiction.

All I’ve done is post up some facts and you’ve thrown a wobbler.

You’ve worked your way back through 9 years of an audit trail all the way to 2009? You’ve been a busy little beaver since I set you that task yesterday evening.

Utterly illogical response from you as per usual.

You told me you commented on this issue in 2009. You weren’t a member of this forum until 2015.

Now can you desist from being a pathological liar for one minute and address the brattish behaviour of Federer in 2009.

You’re getting hysterical now with yoru shrieking. Very odd that you haven’t addressed or condemned the brattish behaviour of Miss Williams from just two nights ago but want to talk about issues from 9 years ago that have long since been discussed here and dissected.

Utterly illogical response from you as per usual.

You’re flapping Geoff.

I wasn’t asked to but she was out of order, much like Federer was in 2009. I was just noting the brazen contradictions and now I’ve uncovered a multitude of lies from you.

My response is on the money as usual. You’ve taken to parroting me which shows how you’ve backed yourself down an alley.

Can you address the Federer incident at the 2009 US Open final?

I don’t condone the questioning of the referee/umpire/officials by any player in any sport or any outburst against officials. That’s a line I’ve consistently espoused here. I know you adopt a very different approach as evidenced by your justification of Gianluigi Buffon’s shameful antics in Madrid and his subsequent personal attacks on Michael Oliver.

Can you please focus on the Federer incident of 2009?

Michael Oliver is a cheater.

Its a huge ask for Djokovic to win another 6 or 7 to equal or overtake Federer’s haul of 20. That’s still a lot of Grand Slams to win for a player who’ll be close to 32 when the next one comes around in Australia in January. He looks the master of all he surveys at the moment, as its hard to make much of a case for the only other six active players who’ve won a Grand Slam winning even one more. Things can change though. Some of the younger players will start winning them and all players are suscepible to injuries as they move further into their 30’s, including Djokovic.

The loss of form/loss of movitation/personal problems/injuries that led to a blank in the 8 Slams between winning France 2016 and the Championship in 2018 most likely put pay to whatever chance Djokovic had of reaching 20.

Liar, liar.

Pants on fire.

ITF have now released a statement supporting Carlos Ramos. About time too. The next match they should give him should be a Serena match. But she is probably going to hide out in her panic room now till next year.

It’s all moved on now. It seems to have become exclusively a sexism issue. Miss Williams has apparently raised some very important issues and Sue Barker and Billie Jean King are full square behind her. Lucky for Mrs Williams that she threw in the sexism as an afterthought at the end of her hissy fit after the slanderous name calling, screaming, tears, smashing up racquets and I had a baby angle didn’t work.

Unfortunately for her, senor quitsinchair later complained about getting code violations from Ramos, which utterly undermines Serena.

Hope Ramos sues her.

1 Like

its a wonder she didn’t play the race card, she was a thundering disgrace with her carry on, now she has cooled down, she knows she is totally wrong

1 Like

This was all an act because she was getting beaten on the court and no matter what she did Osaka had an answer. Serena has form in this, in 2009 she threatened a lines woman that she would ram a tennis ball down her throat if she ever called a foot fault on her again, in 2011 she again ranted at an umpire because again the match wasn’t going her way…

She knew she had fucked up and threw in the sexism card and the likes of billie jean king are all over it.

1 Like

like Needle Nadal, looking for excuses and a way out when getting a hammering

2 Likes

Nadal usually retires with an injury when he is trouble, Serena just has a meltdown.

1 Like

What exactly is this sexism that’s still apparently going on? I thought the women were well ahead on that score a few years ago when they got parity of pay (which I think is correct and fair if it’s like for like) but still only had to play three sets in the Slams.