The Tennis Thread

He’s a massive bottler

1 Like

Oh wonder if it his swansong and he will retire at the end of the year?

I’d imagine so and this year is now one last lap to retirement. Today was surely the final realisation that he’s not going to win any more Slams. Since Borg in 1980 only Nadal in 2008 & 10 and Federer in 2009 have done the double of French and the Championship. Playing the French would seem to be an acknowledgement that he doesn’t have the game to win the Championship any more.

1 Like

Can see him announcing it at the end of the year. Murray and Federer gone in the one year. I thought Nadal would have been the first.

Zverev flops again.

Needle Nadal is on the good stuff

On the verge of getting dumped out in R4 by journeyman Lucas Pouille.

You just cant trust these younger players. Zevrev is starting to look a lot like Dimitrov, flatters to deceive.

What the fuck is Serena Williams wearing?

Coric out. @GeoffreyBoycott

Very poor slam record so far.

Very few of these lads seem unable to get any sort of consistency.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tsitsipas goes out in straight sets in the next game.

Nishikori 2 sets down against Carreño Busta.

A tournament of steady progression. Up to 11 in the rankings and played to his seeding.

Bautista Agut next for Tsipitas, i hope Tsipitas has a packed lunch.

Hardly the form of a rising star. He lost against a lower ranking opponent. The only seeded player he met he lost to.

I’ve had to turn the tv down here for Serena v Halep.

Awful moans.

He is a rising star. He was unseeded in last year’s tournament, he’s 11 seed this year. That’s plenty of rising in the space of 12 months. He has played to his seeding and recorded his best ever performance at a Grand Slam.

Could there be a Serena meltdown coming?

I was just about to post that. Not this game though.

Fuck me, she’s some size.

That’s my point. Reaching R4 being your best ever slam performance does not really constitute a star.

It’s bizarre when you compare your criticism of Thiem to your hyping of Coric. A massive contradiction.