The Tennis Thread

So no giraffe has actually ever won the Championship in its near 140 year history dating back all the way back to 1881. Very odd. Yet you assert it is the preserve of giraffes. You need to start dealing with facts and reality.

As I have pointed out to you on a few occasions now, the Championship has only been won on 5 occasions by players taller than 6ft 3. Yvon Petra (6ft 5) in 1946, Stan Smith (6ft 4) in 1972, Michael Stich (6ft 4) in 1991, Richard Kraijcek (6ft 5) in 1996 and Goran Ivanisevic (6ft 4) in 2001.

I even posted up the link to the list of Championship winners for you.

https://www.topendsports.com/sport/tennis/anthropometry-wimbledon.htm

Giraffes prosper at Wimbledon. Most giraffes record their best ever career performances there.

Kevin Anderson
John Isner
Ivo Karlovic
Etc
Etc

The US Open is Kevin Anderson’s best slam. He’s a former finalist at Flushing Meadow and made the quarter final in New York on a second occasion. He’s only made it past the Round of 16 at the Championship on one occasion. He’s won just 18 singles matches from 10 appearances at the Championship. At the US Open, he’s won 22 singles matches from 9 appearances.

Deal with the facts now and stop lying to the forum just because the actual facts don’t fit your agenda.

Anderson is a Wimbledon finalist, Isner is a Wimbledon semi finalist and Karlovic is a Wimbledon quarter finalist. They have not exceeded these slam performances elsewhere.

Reilly Opelka is certainly one to watch out for in Wimbledon next year. He is perfectly built to go on a big run there and he has pedigree there.

Go way outta that ya spoofer. Again you are just picking what ya like to suit your agenda. Murray was the better player simple as that. Argument over before ya make yourself look more an idiot than you already are

You have to give Wawrinka the nod as hes won 3 out of the 4 slams. Murray has only won 2.

Too much variance in those numbers. He may have played better seeds earlier in one tournament.

I think it best to add up total seeds beaten and then average

Nadal takes the first set, 6-2.

This match is over. Tsipitpas needed a good start.

Second set Nadal. 6-4

I’ve done this for 2018 && 2017 to get you started - Between the US Open and Wimbledon

2018 - US Open: (seed 5)
Anderson played 4 games ultimately losing to 9th seed Thiem, facing opponents with an average seed of 25.75 (I’ve given unseeded a number of 33)

2018 - Wimbledon: (seed 8):
Anderson played 7 games ultimately losing to 12th seed Djokovic in the final, facing opponents with an average seed of 20.85 (I’ve given unseeded a number of 33)

2017 - US Open: (seed 28):
Anderson played 7 games ultimately losing to 1st Seed Nadal in the final, facing opponents with an average seed of 23.14

2017 - Wimbledon: (unseeded):
Anderson played 4 games ultimately losing to 24th seed Querrey, facing opponents with an average seed of 30.75

So averaging those numbers out for the 2 years
US Open: 24.44
Wimbledon: 25.79

So what we can glean from this is that you are both taking out through your hoops.

Djokovic being 12th seed is an outlier. He is a 4 time Wimbledon champion.

Querrey is also a giraffe so that was a giraffe-off.

I’m dealing in facts here kid.

Wimbledon 2018 was his best performance of the 2 slams - but he looks to be trending towards similar performances in both slams.

Are you the latest to develop a freakish obsession with Big Kevin Anderson?

I have no idea what point you are trying to make there. One thing I can tell you from a very cursory glance is that Big Kev lost in the final and not the semi final at the Championship in 2018. Whatever crackpot theory you are formulating would appear to be based on incorrect facts.

I’m also stating facts. Djokovic is a 4 time champion at Wimbledon so a seeding of 12 is a bit misleading.

Querrey is a 6ft6 giraffe so it was a case of one giraffe beating another and Querrey went to the SF that year.

a typo - amended.

these numbers are perfect, he’s got to the final in both slams in this small subset and under performed in another year.

the numbers don’t like. Neither slam is his “best”. You’re both full of shit.

1 Like

Can you tell us the average seedings he beat on the way to the 2017 US Open and the 2018 Wimbledon finals?

In the US Open, the only seed players he beat on the way to the final were no 17 Sam Querrey and no 12 Pablo Carreno Busts.

At Wimbledon he beat no 25 Kolschreiber, no 1 Federer and no 9 Isner.

it’s there, in the post I put up… did you read it?

Rafa serving for the match.

Your logic is flawed with giving unseeded players 33. They could be world no 300s. A better way would be averaging only the seeded players beaten. That way the data is not comprimised.