The Tennis Thread

The goat breaks

1 Like

Last year, seems they had actually been subletting them from Eurosport for years and couldn’t reach am agreement on price last year. They’ve lost all of their tennis from next year. Amazon have bought the rights for Masters series.

1 Like

Nadal takes the first set 6-3.

He’s in irrepressible form tonight.

He won the title on Friday night, when he was sensational after the first set. Anderson shouldn’t be next or near a grand slam final.

Is Annabel still about?

She surely is, wouldn’t be the US Open without her legs. In studio back in London with Rusedski.

1 Like

He’s playing a 28 seeded journeyman who’d made 1 quarter final in 32 Grand Slams prior to this tournament. Not watching but I’m surprised he’s dropped as many as 3 games in that first set.

Anderson is a big serving dinosaur who excels on grass and hard courts. He will always win a lot of his service games, you clown.

Andersen excels on grass and hard courts? What a completely anti-logic post.

In 9 appearances on the grass at the Champsionship, he’s exited in the first round on four occasions and has never made it beyond the last 16.

In 9 appearances at the Australian Open, he’s exited in the 1st round on five occasions and has never made in beyond the last 16.

This is his 8th appearance at the US Open and in six of those, he exited in the first week.

He has had his best results on hard courts.

He was a runner up at Queens in 2015.

Back tracking rapidly from your bizarre assertion that Kevin Andersen excels on grass and hard courts.

I have substantiated them with facts.

Your response is class holocaust denying.

1 Like

Vamos!!

Spanish football lost one of its potentially greatest centre halves when Rafa opted for tennis.

No you haven’t. You referenced his performance in one non-Grand Slam, non-Masters Series event in 2015.

I provided a comprehensive breakdown of his less than stellar performance in 26 Grand Slam tournaments on grass and hardcourts over a 10 year period which demolishes your ludicrous assertion that Kevin Anderson excels on grass and hardcourts.

Yes, Anderson excels on grass and hard courts and his best career performances have came on these surfaces.

Are you struggling with the logical rationale in place here or is it a case of you reverting to typical holocaust denying, oddly enough on the same day you were outed as an anti-Semite?

Xisca looking delectable as ever.

I’m struggling with the anti-logic of your assertion that in 26 grand slams on grass and hard courts, exiting in the first round on 10 occasions and only making it past the last 16 twice amounts to excelling on grass and hard courts.

You would struggle with my assertions that his best results are on grass and hard courts as you like to practise anti-logic.

The only titles he has won have been on hard courts. The highest other event he made the final in outside of hard courts is Queens at Wimbledon and you know all too well that the grass court season is a very short condensed season which lasts about a month.

Sweet Sixteen.