The TFK Bargain Thread

ethihad airways guest miles are sensational- 2 trips to australia * 2 people in 2 years & have got a 22 inch flat screen,an ipod & a stereo - still have miles left too

they are as cheap as any other airline & you avoid heathrow

Kerry co op offering good deals on seed if anyone wanted to reseed a bit of ground

What are we talking about?

I have an area about 20ft x 20ft that I have sprayed to kill switch grass and am looking to reseed.

Howā€™d the vegetables turn out runt?

The spuds were top notch, good crop of onions and shallots, the carrots were so so (a lot of them split), and I didnā€™t plant enough peas. Had some brocolli, broad beans and beetroot as well but probably wouldnā€™t bother planting them again.

are there no shops near you selling top quality continental veg?

Lawn of field, there is a bit of a difference between lawn and normal grass seed, Just looked at their website (not the updated add I heard) there and they have lawn seed for ā‚¬27 which should do you if it a lawn as for reseeding pasture they are offering great credit terms, nearly two years.

I have one think to say to you runt you can take it or leave it but do NOT rotivate, power harrow it or dig it with a shovel you can fuck up the soakage on your land with a rotivator.

Link to Kerry there, the new offer is not on it

http://www.kerryagribusiness.ie/product_info.asp

wtf are you on about- jibberish bullshitter

1 Like

did you water the carrots during the dry spell???

itā€™s an economic model of for modern farming

Ya, itā€™s more grass seed than lawn seed I am looking for. I donā€™t need it to be perfect, just usable as a garden area.
There seems to be an old soak pit runnig down one side of it as well, so thereā€™s lots of holes from where the soil is falling down between the gaps in the rocks. Would it be alright to just fire in a load of top soil on top of that to pack it back up a bit?

I did, I know what I did wrong, I never cleared out the earth properly from the bed I planted them in so there was a few small stones in it, so when the growing carrots hit these they split around them. Iā€™ll do a proper job on it next year.

Iā€™m no expert on soakage pits but Iā€™d say fill in the soak pit with stones before you throw the top soil on it, donā€™t go near Kerry for that amount of seed into some independent lad and haggle with cash, you could throw a bag of CAN on it too the agri business is riddled with debt so lads are stone mad for dry money

I put sand in the beds

One for the Limerick based posters. From another forum.

The arena supermarket are doing a promotion every Sunday where they give you 20 cents off every litre of petrol when you spend 50ā‚¬ in the supermarket on Sunday only. They give you a voucher I think this is a great deal

Also Marks & Spencer are apparently not passing on the VAT increase to their customers.

The Arena supermarket is in Askeaton and yes indeed they have been doing that promotion for the past few weeks.
They have also been selling petrol for around 1.43 which is very good too.

What sort of profit margins do petrol stations make on fuel per litre?

I found this elsewhere:
Current average petrol price: 146.9
Current Vat: 25.5c/litre
Fixed Duty: 59.622c/litre
Government take: 85.12c/litre
Cost before tax & duty: 61.78c/litre
Retailer & distributor margin (est): 11c/litre
Base petrol price (est): 50.78

So about ā‚¬1 every 10 litres

Great business acumen by the supermarket as people will likely do the weeks shopping as they have to spend 50 quid anyway to avail of the petrol offer. The weekly shopping could be anything up to ā‚¬200+ while the average ā€˜fillā€™ is something like ā‚¬60-70 for the standard car.

Very savvy.