The TFK Farm Machinery appreciation thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0-EQ6gq5cOA#!

:popcorn: :clap:

Look at this baby go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lmE17Dg23w&NR=1&feature=endscreen

calling @carryharry

I see John Deere have pulled plant on Murphys in Headford.

Whats the crack there?

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1127900, member: 686”]calling @carryharry

I see John Deere have pulled plant on Murphys in Headford.

Whats the crack there?[/QUOTE]
Who knows tbh.
Couple of factors most likely at play here,
~ John Deere are cunts to deal with, may well be putting pressure on Murphy to update his facilities or open another branch.
~ Murphy may have been acting the cute cunt with Warranty
~ John Deere are losing market share, they may be putting too much pressure on Murphy numbers wise which in the long term are unachieveable.
~ Murphy could well be up to his ears in debt & John Deere want out.

Murphy won’t be the first or the last John Deere dealer to be cast aside like a cheap jam rag. John Deere have previous here.

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1127965, member: 1517”]Who knows tbh.
Couple of factors most likely at play here,
~ John Deere are cunts to deal with, may well be putting pressure on Murphy to update his facilities or open another branch.
~ Murphy may have been acting the cute cunt with Warranty
~ John Deere are losing market share, they may be putting too much pressure on Murphy numbers wise which in the long term are unachieveable.
~ Murphy could well be up to his ears in debt & John Deere want out.

Murphy won’t be the first or the last John Deere dealer to be cast aside like a cheap jam rag. John Deere have previous here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate.
I believe a lot of contractors have moved on from John Deere over the past few years due to reliability issues.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1127967, member: 686”]Thanks mate.
I believe a lot of contractors have moved on from John Deere over the past few years due to reliability issues.[/QUOTE]
Yes, a few have made the switch alright but not on a scale that saw the John Deeres disappearing out of yards en masse. Murphy was selling a vast amunt of Tractors in the West & his loyal customers are not best pleased. The more recent models have given trouble alright but Murphy looked after his clients very well.
Bad move by John Deere imo. Whatever brand Murphy takes on now, he has a seriously loyal set of customers who will glady move brands.

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/yDE5jndjCxT5MSc24Bg5Ug--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9NzUwO3E9OTU7dz0xMDAw/http://www.cheffins.co.uk/assets/catalogues/lots/206/1259.jpg

That’s the first thing id buy if I won a few bob

Super comfort cab, A/C and a TB turbo. Peww

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1127967, member: 686”]Thanks mate.
I believe a lot of contractors have moved on from John Deere over the past few years due to reliability issues.[/QUOTE]
Price too, depreciation is atrocious on them.
Some of the models are disappointing in comparison to equivalents. Nice places to sit though.

I asked him to bale it tomorra
Sonny’ll come over tomorra
Sonny got a brand new Welger
He got rid of that auld New Holland

How many old lads in the boom bought new four wheel drive tractors after getting a heap of money from some builder for a field to put houses on?

Half of them still struggle to use them.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1128374, member: 24”]How many old lads in the boom bought new four wheel drive tractors after getting a heap of money from some builder for a field to put houses on?

Half of them still struggle to use them.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn’t begrudge them the opportunity to buy a new tractor, poor fuckers most likely nursing some aul hape of shite Zetor for decades.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1128374, member: 24”]How many old lads in the boom bought new four wheel drive tractors after getting a heap of money from some builder for a field to put houses on?

Half of them still struggle to use them.[/QUOTE]
A mate a mine bought his auld lad one 10 years ago and it’s still in the shed he won’t/can’t drive it

Thats different though, that was bought for him, farmer was talking about the lads who bought ones themselves. Your mate sounds like he has more money than sense.

He had

FAO Farmers of the board, today is the last day to get the slurry out*

@KinvarasPassion, we’re all well aware you are currently well on the way to doing that.

**in the daylight

2 Likes

There will surely be an extension with all the dry weather.

Tomorrow is the deadline if your on the road. If you can’t be seen then the deadline is up for debate.

1 Like

How so?