The things you buy in Aldi and Lidl thread. (Think before you buy - reduce waste)

1 Like

@Juhniallio think they are selling angle grinders next week mate… You’ll need one when the missus sees the week old passata welded to the legs of the table

1 Like

I had a look their earlier at your behest. The accordion style rubbery seal on the fridge has some and I found more under the table but apart from that I’m grand.

Unless you count the gaps between the floorboards…

1 Like

Make a peanut buttersandwich with this

Italian week in Llidl starting tomorrow. Some fine Italian foodstuffs and wines available at knock down prices.

4 Likes

Lovely jubbly. Thanks for the tip off. Anything in particular take your fancy yet or will you know not until tomorrow?

1 Like

The Italian wines on offer are top class.

Was the little booklet in the Indo Fagan? I wasn’t in the parents for a peruse

'Twas. I got a complimentary copy of the Indo in the hotel.

Make your way back over to the restaurants thread. I’d like to hear more about Aniar please if it’s not too much trouble

I was in Lidl in Castletroy not long ago. I was underwhelmed by the Italian products they had to tell you the truth. This is what I settled on:

I didn’t have a clue which bottle of wine to get but since you said the Italian ones they have are class I settled on this 2011 Barolo for €9.99. Is it any good? If there’s something better worth getting I’ll pick it up tomorrow morning. I also got one of those massive bottles of Leffe for €2.99.

1 Like

Barolo is usually good.

Are you in Lidl every day @Smark or do you do alternate days with aldi?

Check your receipt. I’d say you paid 17.99 for that wine. If you paid 9.99 you got some bargain.

A nation holds its breath

9 Likes

I normally go to Aldi for food but if i need new beer i go to Lidl. I don’t go to them every day but every 2-3 days alright.

Well fuck it anyway you’re right. I’d have never paid €17.99 for a bottle of wine for myself. It said €9.99 overhead it. I threw away the receipt immediately but now that you mention it i did pay €34 for the basket of stuff i got so yes it had to be more than €9.99 as there’s no way the rest of that basket came to €24. I hope it’s worth it now.

2 Likes

Will you be sharing it with anyone special mate? :hushed:

Mate?? You’ve been calling him a roaster all evening

You nasty prick, with the obvious exception of @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy (goes without saying) @Smark has been my best pal around here for a long time, he mightn’t realise that you’re playing him for a mug here.
Nothing wrong with roasters anyway mate, I like to think of them as salt of the earth country folk, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind even if I had. Anyway I hope all is good after the Curragh incident.

3 Likes