The things you buy in Aldi thread. (Think before you buy - reduce waste)

I bought it five years ago. Still works perfectly. Wouldn’t buy an apple product again however

1 Like

1g
Yogurt is 125g

1 Like

The deluxe organic wafer oats make for lovely porridge …baresa pitted green olives with chillies and red peppers are a must!

The Glensallagh Irish Pork and Spring Onion sausages you find in Lidl make very nice pork meatballs. Perfect amount of spice and flavours, and all they really need is a sprinkle of fennel seed.

1 Like

Aldi have a replica Kitchen Aid food mixer this week for 199. The Kitchen Aid is 600 plus. 8 red apples from Poland is 49c. How the fuck could you make that pay.

The Poles are dumping the apples because they can’t sell them to Russia anymore.

Have you ended your boycott of Aldi Fagan?

I thought it was churlish after poor ould Axel passed away. Also you can get 8 apples for 49c.

4 Likes

@Fagan_ODowd I saw that Dundalgan whiskey you used eith the blackberries on my last Lidl visit. Reminded me of this article:

Would you not prefer to be picking them from a tree on a some back road in Howth of Waterford at 7am on a crisp Autumn morning?

I prefer apples I pick myself. But 49c for 8 apples ? I could sit on my hole for the afternoon.

2 Likes

I can’t get over this place. You get some bang for your buck. I bought a big bag of fairly decent items and the total cost came to €29.70. I went to the bother of taking a photo of my loot when I took the items out of the big bag. I’ve never had Cappelletti before but was feeling adventurous for my supper so took a chance on it. I’m stuffed though now I ate the full packet with olives, tomatoe and basil sauce, tomatoes, peppers and a pitta bread on the side. The only fault I’d find with Lidl lately is their beer section is gone very bad. They’ve stopped stocking Franziskaner weissbier of which I was buying a box every two weeks. I had to go to Aldi as well for some beer. I’ll only shop in German stores from here on.

10 Likes

That’s great shoppin’

Tis some shop. I got very nice sausages there the other day. 80% pork content not bad. Would put the more expensive brands to shame.

I could have bought way more. There were whole sections I didn’t walk over to, one of those was the sausages section.

2 Likes

Werthers Eclairs are a noble sweet and king of all eclairs. Can only seem to find the cunts in Aldi.

Must make mental note to remind Mrs whiplash to include them in my stocking this year as a surprise.

What would @Whiplash say about that?

18 Likes

Unreal shopping

Ah johnny

Oooft.