The Unnamed RTÉ JournalistThread

More like Tiger, the ledge, was ball deep inside some young wan last night and is trying to safely negotiate his way back to Dublin 4 from Darndale or somewhere.

how is Tadgh going this year? is he still doing the min by min reports?

He is indeed. He seems to have ironed out some of the quirks in his reporting style but it’s certainly worth reading a few of his reports. A thoroughly likeable sort.

Friend of the Form Tadhg Peavoy was on rugby duty today. Some samples (I haven’t read it all!):

1855 The one shining light from today is that Ireland’s World Cup pool opponents Italy have lost to Italy 23-12.

1701 Actually, still a fair few seats to be filled as kick-off approaches.
1700 The Aviva looks to be packed.
2 mins Joubert puts his whistle to his lips and the Parra kicks off to Ireland.

9 mins Cian Healy picks and goes and bulldozes over Parra to score in the corner from a yard out.
Sexton takes the penalty from wide left, on the touchline at the 22-metre line: he puts it wide left. Ireland 8-0 France
14 mins France opt to take the scrum: they win and Picamoles goes blindside, he has nowhere to go and is bundled to touch. Ireland take it quickly and go wide left to Earls. But, Ireland turn it over and spin wide left, they run out of room and are smacked into touch.
18 mins It’s just to far ahead and bounces into touch.

Legend. :clap:

FAO @gaamad1996

:eek:

1 Like

I cant believe this is a profession, but

The unnamed (former RTE?) journalist has a piece on independent.ie about Celtic fans enjoying a Dublin sing-song before today’s game against Barca.

Flunkie at RTE to flunkie at the Indo.

Failing upwards?

Great thread. Which poster is Tadgh?

@Gaybyrne

1 Like

4 Likes

Onwards and upwards

Good ol Padgh. Brings to mind this actually

1 Like

I see a trend here…

Do politicans ye elect in the pale still take bungs to upgrade Dublin postal addresses ??

couldnt think of anything worse than living in Dun Laoghaire