🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

No. I’d left my scarf at home.

3 Likes

A right flash of lightening there over lough Derg. I hope it landed in Clare.

Tis a right dirty auld night

It’s Biblical out there and not in a Liam Gallagher type of way

A grand calm around North South East Limerick this morning.

Very calm here in South East Clare.

3 Likes

:clap:t6::clap:t6:

Gods country

Did you hear that clap of thunder @anon61878697 :hushed:

1 Like

We had music and all laid on for ye.

1 Like

I did pal… Savage intensity … Followed by end of days type sleet and hail.

I was in the shower and was nearly blinded by the light in through the skylight.

1 Like

Smashing crack of thunder and lightning there and a wicked squally shower.

1 Like

The most ridiculous lightning storm I’ve ever seen is illuminating Sydney right now. This must be what World War 2 felt like. The sky is completely mesmerising.

The crowd down the Shannon who were adamant “their” water wasn’t going to be diverted to Dublin now want anyone to take their water.

8 Likes

I’d rather drown than give those cunts in Dublin wan drop of water from lough Derg. Let them drink the Liffey, the Tolka and the Dodder the cunts.

2 Likes

Untrue.

Serious snow storm in Cark.

I am placing west coast dwellers on HIGH ALERT.

There is potential for a storm worse than anything so far this year to hit on Saturday.

1 Like

Are we on a red warning? Will I be okay to fly into Shannon tonight?

SEVERE WARNING ADVISORY #STORMJORGE
TIMELINE: SATURDAY 29TH FEB 2020
AREA: NATIONWIDE #BEPREPARED
SEVERE RISK: COASTAL S COUNTIES SW, W, NW & N. #TAKEACTION
This is only our third severe advisory in 4 years. An upgrade from our standard weather warning issued on Wednesday morning to a severe advisory. The severe advisory in NOT nationwide but for all coastal counties from Kerry right through to Derry and Antrim. PLEASE AVOID ALL COASTAL LOCATIONS. SW to Westerly winds gusting to 135kmh expected tomorrow morning through to evening. Locally, stronger gusts in excess of 140kmh are possible in exposed coastal locations of Connacht which will lead to disruption and damage along the Atlantic seaboard. Met Eireann may well update their current warnings later today to at least a marine red advisory for our seas off the Connacht coast.
Widespread downed trees, debris on roads, widespread power outages and travel restrictions will occur in the western half of Ireland.
We would urge the public to avoid travelling throughout Saturday in Kerry, West Limerick, Clare, Galway, Mayo, Sligo, Leitrim, Fermanagh, Donegal, Derry and Antrim. High sided vehicles should not take to our roads in any case.
Away from our western seaboard (#BeAware & #BePrepared)as winds will range from 70kmh to 120kmh with open and exposed regions seeing the highest gust values. Most locations will see gusts of 90kmh to 110kmh.
Flooding will be a continued issue with bands of heavy rainfall throughout the day. Flooding risks will be compounded by Storm Jorge over the coming days in the Shannon catchment area.
Wintry outbreaks including heavy rain, sleet and snow on Saturday and early Sunday in some locations. Feeling bitterly cold this weekend.
Further updates expected. Keep checking in with Met Eireann as this is a fluid and dynamic situation where advisories could change at short notice due to the nature and unpredictability of this particular storm system.
#MetalertIreland #Twitter #Instagram