🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

Can we safely say Galway vs Cork will be a no go? Limerick vs Westmeath could be doubtful as well.

The ground is soaked around the place. Any more rain will just sit on top of it.

This is a mainly a wind event. Rainfall will minimal. Saturday matches on western seaboard wont go ahead.

Sunday should be ok if a bit windy.

We could be looking at STATUS RED for the coastal areas.

The lack of hype and storm fatigue could see people underestimate this one.

any activity in bay of biscay or is this clobbering us again from NNW?
the spanish called this yoke early so i was anticipating a few warmer SSW gales akin to orphelia
when was the last storm to come up from there? was it emma this time 2 years ago that then hit the cold air coming from the north and caused a blizzard?

in your own time there @TreatyStones

1 Like

You have answered both of your questions yourself Mick. Do you not trust your own intuition?

All u-8 to u-16 Dublin GAA games cancelled this weekend.

You could say the Corona virus, and more so Trump’s response to it, will have to take all the blame here for diverting attention.

Cc sid…sorry @Dziekanowski

Im not sure why the Spanish named it as it’s actually going to come in on the same path as most of the recent storms. West/south westerly with the low to the north.

@Spidey’s parkrun must be at risk now

1 Like

Yerrah, ffs Dublin wont get it too bad and if they do it will be late Saturday evening.

Ah it’s a storm every weekend now. I’m pure burnt out from it.

what can we do to get these storms to hit midweek?

I’m flying into Shannon tonight mate :astonished:

1 Like

You’d want your head examined to be flying into Shannon at the best of times.

We’ll have have a word with the minister for storms @TreatyStones

You on the red eye from Heathrow