🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

The fella making the video in that weather whilst driving almost deserved it to come down op top

Tis grand in limerick city at the minute. Are ye getting battered?

Common sense prevails

3 Likes

Daft cunts

1 Like

Still grand in limerick city. Are we in the clear so?

I think it’s brightening up here too

Grand and mild in Limerick

White Strand?

1 Like

Don’t know what the big deal was about tbh.

Inland in South Central Tipperary it’s grand. Cold alright but grand

1 Like

Carrigahorrig

Was always a cunt of a spot for flooding

The flooding either side of Groody Bridge on the way out to Castletroy is serious.

Is it closed?

How serious? A flood plain is flooded.

2 Likes

There’s some amount of standing water in the midlands.

It was open yesterday around 5pm. I don’t know what it’s like this morning.

Top Limk and Clare county engineers on the radio this morning blathering on about the flooding in Clonlara and Castleconnell. Their last line was they expect it to be the same in five years. Do nothing grunts swilling it bigtime.

The headrace canal water level never really changes from the middle of summer to the middle of winter due to the weir before O’Briens Bridge. This means that in times of wet weather the weir doesn’t take on extra water and it is pushed into the Shannon causing the likes of Montpellier and Springfield to flood, even in mild dry winters they are flood plains. I doubt there is much they can do about it as one side of the river bank is a lot higher than the other. In 30 odd years I have never seen the Shannon exceed the height of the riverbank on the O’Briens Bride side yet pretty much every year Montpellier will flood just past the bridge.

Even if you were to take remedial steps to rectify this and put flood defences in to the likes of montpellier and springfield which would be big undertakings given how low they are to the river you are only going to push the issue further downstream.

As an observation I’ve never seen so much flood water as I did yesterday on the drive to Thurles.