The Weather Thread

A rake of flights struggling to land at Dublin Airport at present. Link sourced from the storm nerds thread on boards.ie:

Glad you all survived that intact chaps, I was worrying all night.

Signing in.

Catherine Walsh of Irish Water wouldn’t fill you with confidence, a fucking sham of a spokesperson

1 Like

3 degrees in car this morning some change from yesterday

Where’s Gerry Grant, he’s always excellent in interviews.

What was it yesterday? Metallica ?

9 Likes

It’s this way Dan

3 Likes

I’ve to go to a wedding Saturday. Any chance you’d tell it to go for Monday again? That worked out well the last time

No idea, but this one was a stuttering mess.

Ah she was grand when she was reading off a script but a bit weak when she was being questioned. That said Morning Ireland were unremittingly fucking negative this morning, so bad in fact that I put on Newstalk. Could you not have foreseen this, why didn’t you do that. And we after surviving the worst storm in 56 years with only three deaths.

In fairness to Eoghan Murphy he stuck it to Rachel English. Yes he said he was happy with the efforts his department made, we did do enough. She was stumped.

7 Likes

We’re some nation of moaners. People giving out about schools closing and the Luas not running and 3 people dead.

4 Likes

They’d sicken you. They’d happily push their children into a structurally dangerous school just to avoid the hassle of having to take a day off.

8 Likes

TBF all the offices and institutions that closed yesterday took the correct decision, in the interest of public safety. It was well flagged as being the worst storm in 50 years, and all in all, the country came through in good shape. Credit where its due. Even RTÉs coverage is worthy of a mention.

Fucking roofs being taken clean off some schools. god knows what other damage might’ve been done to other schools but Paddy and Mary are still giving out yards. Would sicken your shit.

1 Like

I think that’s just Cork City fans.

Taoiseach Varadkar has shown himself to be decisive and a leader. Lives were saved yesterday. Make no mistake about it.

While the storm probably wasn’t as bad as predicted I think Met Eireann / Government and the valiant Sean Hogan made the correct call in issuing the national status red warning.

There doesn’t seem to have been the widespread destruction of Storm Darwin, but again is probably due to a number of factors. Mainly we were better prepared (ME basically missed Darwin) and the fact Darwin had already cleared a lot of dodgy structures and old trees.

#Brain will be trending in Ireland over the weekend

1 Like