The Weather Thread

Just read a post on Facebook of some wan and she complaining that the electricity better not be off for much longer considering they got no warning it would be off. Her post is underneath a picture of a fallen ESB pole causing the outage

You’re still on Facebook?? :grinning:

3 Likes

How else would we see your wedding photos

13 Likes

Time to board up again for a few days

2 x trees/large boughs came down today near my gaff after Mondays storm. I’d say we could be back to impassable roads again this weekend. Lots of trees and boughs hanging and ready to fall.

Not good.

Don’t think we’ll get that much wind this weekend, lots of rain forecast.

There’s no wind this weekend you numpty. Just wet. Very fuckin wet. 40mm between tonight and Saturday with more to follow.

Are lads going to have a meltdown every time there’s bad weather from now on?

Yes .

Take care petal.

I was without electricity for 48hrs, it went about noon on Monday. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy, i was really bored shitless. There were two yankee candles in the house illuminating the house some bit and to do anything i’d to carry a yankee candle from room to room. I went to the local pub at 5pm on the day of the storm and it was fairly packed. I looked around and everyone was drinking cans of cider so i assumed drinking from the taps was a bad idea but i still chanced a pint of Guinness. It was warm and dead and i forced it down before enquiring what cans they had besides bulmers. I ordered a can of heineken and was charged €4, i promptly drank that and got the fuck out there back to my pitch dark house with yankee candles. The mobile network was down so couldn’t even use mobile data to read TFK or couldn’t make a call besides 999. It was a bleak, bleak 48hrs. Thank god for the dog to keep me amused.

11 Likes

I’d say you had the balls pulled clean off yourself.

Ffs, we went 6 days without p ower after the cyclone 2 years ago. Try living in a third world country like this.

Would you not have tried reading a fucking book? Btw your local sounds like a cunt of a spot for ramming you with a warm pint unbeknownst to you.

2 Likes

They did warn that the Guinness would be “soft” but I said to her I’d chance it. I have no book in the house I haven’t read, I’m between books, have two ordered in library.

1 Like

@Locke the electricity down in Castlemartyr or what?

Yet more misleading information from teacher mouthpiece @Juhniallio

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/education/schools-not-required-to-open-extra-days-to-make-up-for-lost-time-during-storm-ophelia-closures-36242579.html

Very misleading headline there @Nembo_Kid Read the article. Schools have to make up the time and have some options. Some will open I’d imagine, I know one Fingal school which is already changing diary days to this end.

You’re obviously smarting from your weird Dzeko argument earlier. I’ve never seen you back down so quickly.

Incorrect. You told us they will have to work extra days. They won’t.

Good to see you’re still putting forward teacher propaganda when proven wrong though - tells us all we need to know.

1 Like

You don’t know your arse from your elbow when it comes to education mate. How could we trust a fella who is trying to make a case for Dzeko being the best striker in the world on anything else. Your judgement is gone.

2 Likes