The Weather Thread

Had the misfortune of going out on the road bike this morning. Should have been warned when on Friday I was driving behind a gritter lorry, not in use, but obviously being readied. Got my long leggings out, thought it was too early in the year, so took the three quarters. And short sleeve gilet.
The nearest experience would be swimming in the sea in April, when your head tells you it’ll be too cold, but your heart tells you it’s spring, and the head is entirely right.
Got soaked, frozen and utterly filthy.
Got hit by a very small branch of a tree, which nonetheless whacked me good and proper, like it’d been fired from a gun. It gave me a good fright.
Had to borrow bin bags to sit on in Costa after, so as not to ruin the chairs.
A proper Sean Kelly ride, as we call them.
I’m now in the bath I was fantasising about as I licked the grit from my teeth ploughing into a cold wet gale for the last hour of it.
We clearly need a goat.

4 Likes

I have a very simple rule. If it’s raining I don’t go. Too old for that shit.

6 Likes

I was a bit bleary eyed following my cultural afternoon at the Irish club.
If you let the rain stop you doing something in Manchester or Kilmallock, you’d never do anything.
It was gone well beyond rain today in any case.

How is the weather in Cork city?

Iconic Kelly…

1 Like

Why not a bush?

Did he like the conditions in apartheid south Africa when he raced for the brits

2 Likes

You’ll have to ask him that one yourself.

True but I’m not there. I could count on one hand the number of wet weekend days since Easter so I can afford to be choosy. Would be disappointed at missing a good day though.

Lovely little line.

1 Like

Went out to get my gear bag from the car and it’s stunningly beautiful outside tonight. Orion prominent to the SE, an almost full moon beaming down from South, streaks of wispy clouds to west.

I’ve got tears in my eyes with the enormity of it all.

2 Likes

:grinning:

Winter has arrived. 4 degrees as I passed through Kildare there this morning at 8.30

1 Like

Yeah, crisp this morning.

It’s a glorious day here. Glorious.

Its a glorious day here in mid mid west limerick

glorious day in fingal,will take the yacht out

4 Likes

Looking forward to your Instagram posts later on.

1 Like

yes.
in north kildare the mercury hit 3C last night
you were probably in the south

glorious, glorious day lads

Breeze today would cut you in half. :wind_face: