The Weather Thread

You’re a global thinker. Superb.

I see China aren’t taking in anymore rubbish from us.Well have to talk to Pakistan or someone in Mogadishu I guess.

1 Like

as far as im aware the chinese are no longer importing plastic for recycling this year, that will cause serious issues here regarding costs

got there before me
there’s always Cork Harbour
with the radioactive waste on Rocky Island beside Haulbowline ( legacy of Irish Steel/ Ispat) a few plastic bags wont matter in the broader scheme of things

1 Like

Or Roscommon,there’s fuck all there.

1 Like

its a right problem tho, am i correct in saying all plastic bottles are sent to holland for washing?. charges are going to go way up come june, before you were encouraged to recycle, now recycling will cost you money, they’ll disgiuse it i suppose in upping the black bin fee

You get 5c for recycling a can/bottle in most states in the US.

A dog stole my brown bin recently and I haven’t recovered it.
I know it was a dog because I spotted him halfway up a passage with it the previous month.

2 Likes

So you have a small bin?

I had a brown bin. A small one, but a big dog took it.

I just went into McDonald’s in Rochdale there for breakfast. When I went in it was 0840, and 10(ten) degrees. When I left, it was 0907,and 3.5(three and a half) degrees.

2 Likes

how do you eat that muck?

1 Like

I was up swimming at 630.it fills a hole. And the lady who serves there is lovely.

When I used to be labouring with a steel fixer there was a McDonald’s near where I’d get my bus. I used to get some class of bacon sandwich type thing at 6am every morning. The thoughts of it now.

They do the same in Holland or at least they used to. Had many a life saving meal from bringing back empties to the supermarket one summer.

would you attend much live sport over there flatty in terms of say lower league football or rugby league?

That would be too working class for him.

Rugby league mostly if I go.
Can’t abide the epl, to the extent that my next door neighbour has seats next to SAF at Old Trafford, and rang me a while back on a weds afternoon asking did I want to go. I quickly lied that I would be stuck late at work, when for once I wasn’t, then realised I couldn’t go home til after kick off, so had to mope about the place for an extra hour or two til the coast was clear.
I’d always rather play sport or swim or run or somesuch. Id go and watch macclesfield Town occasionally as I quite like it. It’s galway unitedesque, but, I’d prefer hurling or football over anything bar rugby league. I’d enjoy a club junior a hurling match more than a champions league final.
In truth, I don’t have much time to go to anything between work, kids, and wasting my life away here.

8 Likes

fair play, id say financially its impossible to be an EPL regular, i could see myself becoming engrossed in the likes of Rochdale if i was there allright id say

I only come to Rochdale one day a week as the business is there. I go to macclesfield three days, and Manchester one, give or take.
Macclesfield is a grand town. I really like working there. As my wife says “you like it cos its just like an Irish town”
It’s a lot softer than Rochdale in every way. The problem Rochdale has is that it had become such a dump, everyone with anything about them moved away.
I’m not talking racial issues here at all. They are neutral in this, it’s just, to my mind and eye at least, a dark depressing half slum of a town. The canal is filthy and there’s little to recommend it.