The Weather Thread

It amazes me how clubs like manyoo continue to sell out.
That next door neighbour had a box there for a few years, but at 38 grand a year, and then food and drink on top, he said it wasn’t worth the money and let it lapse. He was contacted by the club last year and asked if he had any interest in it on a game by game basis. They’d throw in the food for free, but not the drink. He was quoted 14 grand a game. He could, as he said bring people to the best restaurant in London for lunch, and helicopter them to old Trafford cheaper than that.
I don’t even think they are the worst.

1 Like

its mostly day trippers from Oireland and the far east at the likes of United, Liverpool and Arsenal for big home games, they have sold out to fleece these fucking ejjits coming over with their half and half scarfs and the likes, the atmosphere is diabolical at these games

2 Likes

I went to the Emirates a couple of years ago. I was a bit apprehensive because I thought soccer grounds might be a bit rough still. So I asked a chap was it dangerous. He said yes there was every chance I could scrape my shins against a briefcase.

8 Likes

I have seen a lot of urban foxes recently.

Would a Fox ate a rat.

No. You need a Jack Russell.

1 Like

It would.if there’s no chips about.

1 Like

Is that not most towns in England you’ve described there once you go north of Oxford? Obviously there are some nice areas like where you live in Alderley Edge and parts of Edinburgh but most of the towns in the UK are ghastly shitholes.

2 Likes

the north of England is a hellhole

The midlands are just awful as well.

Where was it you lived in the one bed room flat and nearly hung yourself ?

Not necessarily. You’ve the m62 corridor which is all utterly depressing, most of Yorkshire from Leeds down, and greater Manchester. Not bad then bar the weather. Midlands are grand. Swathes of the South are bad enough also, but the weather is better.

I was in Leeds and Bradford

Of course you did

Do you want an empty across the back of your head?

1 Like

Oh, you and your empty threats

I see what you did there. :clap:

cc @carryharry

2 Likes

The corswolds area is lovely, along with all the way east to Oxford and down south from there to bath and beyond

1 Like

McDonalds breakfast is gorgeous, it makes the occasional hangover bearable for a while

1 Like

For about an hour.
The coffee is top quality
So is the lady who serves it. I tried to give her a tenner at Christmas and she chased me out of the shop saying she couldn’t take it.