The Wolfe Tones

The irony.

Do you think a strongly worded letter from Mary Lou to Rishi would have sorted it?

1 Like

Standing on the sidelines cosplaying doesn’t get you anywhere. It’s your duty to represent your constituents and the people you claim to represent to the fullest.

But SF are all about performing for the very online people.

They don’t actually give a shit about representing people.

Mate would you scrap most of rap music given the content?

Blaming Sinn Fein on what the Conservatives do is plain silly. Ruth Dudley Edwardsesque.

3 Likes

It seems to me anyway that rap has steadily moved away from its original purpose which was an intelligent way of describing reality and towards glorification of money and violence.

You cant and shouldn’t ban music unless in the most extreme of extreme circumstances but shouting Up The Ra as a way to goad themmuns - and thats all it is - is the musical equivalent of having a shite in public. Thats legal too but I wouldnt encourage it.

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sinn Fein agreed with what the Conservatives are doing.

One of Sinn Féin’s leading TDs of the “post-Troubles generation” has backed Gerry Adams’s insistence that IRA killers must not be tried and jailed for past murders.

Dublin Mid-West TD Eoin Ó Broin has said he appreciates the need for victims of violence, such as the family of murdered Louth farmer Tom Oliver, to get justice. But he backs his party leader’s view that investigations into thousands of unresolved crimes from the Troubles should not involve courts appearances and jail sentences for those identified with these past crimes.

"I believe Gerry Adams’s view has been twisted. We all acknowledge that victims on all sides must pursue justice and some kind of resolution for what happened. But I don’t think the peace process benefits from the prosecution of former combatants, be they Loyalists, security forces or Republicans," Mr Ó Broin said.

Small bit of a jump there but carry on.

1 Like

Not really. It’s right there in what he says.

But I don’t think the peace process benefits from the prosecution of former combatants, be they Loyalists, security forces or Republicans," Mr Ó Broin said.

@Phil_Leotardo

You recognise this guy commenting on her tweet? He’d have been in your class in Ard Scoil but did transition year.

I used get the bus with him occasionally. Was always a really nice guy. But since finishing school, had taken a weird turn to be staunchly pro-Britain (even joining British army) and pro-Israel.

Strange and a bit of a shame to see someone decent get so twisted up in these things, that it dominates their reason and purpose for life.

1 Like

Yes the Provisionals were born out of that but they were still the IRA and their supposed goal was Brits out and a United Ireland.

It is incredibly disingenuous to try and fit their 30 year plus campaign (not to mention the post Troubles atrocities) into a Catholic defense bucket.

If the English went home none of this would have happened.

Why do Provisional Sinn Féin put so much effort into legitimising the Troubles campaign as part and parcel of the national myth and they don’t do the same for the Border Campaign of the 1950s?

Is it because so many of the IRA of the day ended up in the Officials and ultimately the Workers Party- Democratic Left- Labour? You’d wonder why Proinsias de Rosa spent so much of his career trying to do something positive rather than try and make himself out to be just like Padraig Pearse because he was in the IRA in the 1950s.

They’re still there. PSF have been administering their rule in Ireland on and off for two and a half decades.

Vague memory of him if truth be told!

He’d have hung around with Barry Casey, another sound skin.

Odd turn in the road, whatever way you look at it

Is he Meelick/Clonlara? He pops up on my timeline on Clare hurling threads etc

Sixmilebridge is where he was from but perhaps moved slightly further afield.

1 Like

Strange indeed. Sure we have a number of disinformation victim oddball weirdo types here, it’s getting more common.