The Wuhan Clan - Tony Holohan's Having a House Party

GP?

1 Like

That’s definitely worth two weeks off mate

1 Like

If he is back a week and a half he must be asymptomatic

By phone?

Off TFK? I’ve to go to England for the weekend

The only thing that’s actually sanitised in Ireland at the moment is the government’s PR spin about how they’re dealing with the situation.

You’ll lose a few pounds so.

That’s pretty disastrous news and could have very serious consequences. He presumably has had lots of contact with elderly people this week

Its just got very real for an awful lot of people…

Lets hope he was still on annual leave rather than working in practice since he arrived back.

He was, and then he came back from holidays

Where would one have dinner in inagh.

Goernment doomsday plan behind a paywall :upside_down_face:

1 Like

So it’s in North Clare schools. If you drew a Venn diagram of Kinvara pupils and North Clare students you’d have a small overlap but one nonetheless… Certain outside school activities would have students from both.

So do you cancel the likes of indoor camogie training on the back of this? Think it’s time to cancel non essential gatherings.

Over reacting or just being practical?

:cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

Emer you fucking weapon

Sounds like they have the cases mixed up?

Is it all getting a bit hysterical? This from a fellow trainer in the medical profession after advice from central not to shake hands at end of matches:

Just to reassure everyone there is no basis for not shaking hands from an infectious disease point of view.

1. There is no case among the 80,000 worldwide where a child has passed on the virus.

2. No one in Ireland or the UK has gotten it in Ireland or the UK yet. Which means it doesn’t exist in the community, so there is nothing to catch.

3. If an infected adult (of whom there are a handful despite thousands having been to infected regions over past few weeks) was to literally cough and sneeze on you, the chances of catching it remain one in three.

4. An Irish child is currently hundreds of times more likely to get measles or mumps. Even more chances of getting a serious “regular” flu.

5. The benefit of playing sport for young people’s health far outweighs the risk of them picking up something from another child in all bar an epidemic.

I’m happy to keep everyone updated with the latest guidance from Temple Street if its useful in relation to training and games.

5 Likes

She must have confused the “West of Ireland” with Newcastle West.

Although her advice to stay away from NCW, I do support. Virus or no virus.

7 Likes

I’ll take over-reacting there

1 Like