Things I learned today (Part 1)

He took players from the lower leagues and made top top players of them, that Liverpool ‘boot room’ conveyor belt was the most impressive team administration that I can recall in team sports, and the Liverpool team he left was the best football team I’ve seen even though I hated them.

Dear oh dear. A counter attacking team is the best you have seen

Wouldn’t have thought you were in your 50s

James Lipton from Inside the Actors Studio is 90 years old.

Paisley’s teams were not in the main counter attacking .

We are functionally blind for an average of 15 mins every day - when you blink, move your eyes etc. Your eyes are not taking in new information, they are switched off - Here we revert to an internal model of the world that makes it look like we are still receiving light but we’re not.

1 Like

A great website. Some cracking articles on it.

just googled it to clamp that dimwit Ashman but it looks a cracker alright

Christ you are good . Some nice prose written by a hipster . By my reading there is reference to a pass from Tommy smith to Ian Rush but I don’t think they ever played together for Liverpool but I am open to correction .

I’ve just scanned through it there fairly quickly (you know the way my time is precious) and it’s reinforced my original opinion.
Yes @Ashman no way Smith and Rush played together

1 Like

You wouldn’t clamp a tricycle .

1 Like

two replies to the same post in a desperate attempt to unclamp yourself

1 Like

http://thesefootballtimes.co/2016/10/04/del-piero-totti-and-the-dawn-of-italys-new-fantasistis/

great article

Did you even read the article, bro? It says Bob’s teams were anything but counter-attacking.

The selfish giant is a busy man he hasn’t time to be reading the articles he posts FFS. He’s mugged you lot right off, spending your time dissecting the article while he goes about his business chuckling away to himself

4 Likes

It’s an interesting article, Bob’s teams played in a variety of ways, they could counter attack with the very best of them when they needed to, there wasn’t many wasted touches. My original point stands, I was only 9 or 10 when he quit so I was no judge but that Liverpool team of 83/84 were awesome, I’ve read some really good books on them as well.

They must be good so :grinning:

2 Likes

Against shitty English teams they attacked but in important games in Europe where they are judged they counter attacked

They must have been some team to change their style completely and remain the best club side in the world by a distance, their toughest challenges would have been in England.