Things I learned today (Part 1)

:unamused: Ffs

1 Like

When it comes to football, @Rocko has no left foot.

If the moderator has an issue with the above statement, take it up with your nephew.

3 Likes

Two bottles of wine makes you more than twice as drunk as one bottle of wine seemingly.

1 Like

Do you think it’s as simple as a linear relationship?

Evidently not.

The great Brazilian footballer Socrates was a medical student in Dublin for a year in the 1970s and played a few games for Shelbourne reserves before concentrating on his studies.

Jesus wept, is this still going around?

Thats fascinating Sid, I’d never heard that before. I wonder did he ever kick a bit of gaelic when he was here?

3 Likes

Didn’t an urban myth grab legs he played Sigerson .

I’d say thats gospel.

:eek: a non Irishman playing Sigersson would be unbelievable, the stuff of dreams.

The legend goes that he went along to a training session Eugene McGee was holding at UCD (McGee was the then UCD coach) but took one look at the game and left without changing into his kit. Had things gone differently, you never know, he could have ended up lining out alongside Brian Mullins for the Dubs.

McGee would have had him down to Offaly playing alongside the O’Connors.

ahem

1 Like

:rollseyes:

1 Like

Christ almighty, there’s some slow cunts around here. :grinning: @myboyblue is the biggest flute of all though, did anybody else fail to get my tongue in cheek comment.

I think you’ve missed out on a reverse ballhop here cohai.

Definitely.

We’d have a right good frontrunner for IOTM if it was still in existence.

1 Like