Things I learned today (Part 1)

Huh?

1/3 of men will die of prostrate cancer
the other 2/3 of men would have gotten it if they didn’t die of something else

1 Like

Prostate.

The Irish pole dancing championships have sold out.

The Voyager space probe launched in 1977 is the only man-made object that has travelled beyond our solar system. As part of the programme a gold plated audio-visual disc was attached should the probe ever meet intelligent life forms from other planets. The only contemporary musical recording on the disc was Chuck Berry’s Johnny B. Goode. NASA had hoped to include a recording of the Beatles, but they could not get a licensing agreement…

Mick Roche wore a hair net in 1968 All Ireland final (source Tony Dorans book)

Manchester City club mascot Vincent Kompany is also registered as an actual player and sometimes even plays in matches.

2 Likes

Has wooly or his missus any experience in the restaurant business?

Loads

Eating or serving? Best of luck to them. Tough business.

The key to a Tapas restaurant is getting the serving sizes right. Nothing more annoying than spending as much as a normal dinner and leaving hungry. Half a normal portion is about right.

1 Like

Surely quality of food, service and price come before serving sizes?

I much preferred you when I thought you were a markets man, a Wall Street expert…

No, not when it comes to tapas. You have to assume the quality is there, the price should be about 50% a normal plate and if you don’t have good service shut down now.

It’s about serving sizes, how people feel about value for money when they leave.

I[quote=“labane1917, post:3897, topic:17423, full:true”]
No, not when it comes to tapas. You have to assume the quality is there, the price should be about 50% a normal plate and if you don’t have good service shut down now.

It’s about serving sizes, how people feel about value for money when they leave
[/quote]

Jeez relax…what about the markets?

Buy US equities and bitcoin. Hold on with both hands.

The inner roaster is impossible to keep hidden all the time

2 Likes

Dead right. I think Wooly should consider a carvery/tapas restaurant.

2 Likes

@anon7035031 is the self appointed spokesperson for everybody that eats in Tapas restaurants,

Correct. It’s my favorite style of eating, but you want to know the best spots. Some get it right, some get it wrong, like anything. It’s not like firing out a plate of meat and spuds like most cunts on here are used to, including the so called urbanites.

We’re lucky you don’t charge us for that kind of insight.

4 Likes

Agreed. I am altruistic at heart.