Things I learned today (Part 1)

Your auld wan would bring home the book in the paper bag, and then cut the paper bag and paper the book with it.

6 Likes

A kid would be bullied to death, on social media, if they arrived into school with that these days. He’d be snappychatted to death.

You’d know walking into that classroom, that the snigger would eventually come from some townie cunt with fancy “contact” on his book. You’d ball the fists, knowing the battle was inevitable, the first bell was coming, and that only one man would be left standing afterwards.

Some lad with a Man Utd/ Liverpool school bag no doubt

This thread has taken a very twee turn.

2 Likes

Oh you just fucking know it. Mess with the best though, you die like the rest.

You’re coming across like Laois’s answer to Davy Fitz here. Did they hang you up on the school gates by your Y Fronts too?

5 Likes

Bread wrappers were a very good book covering too. Particularly the waxy stuff.

2 Likes

Covering the books actually made. No fucking difference whatever to the longevity. They still fell apart down the spine. The best thing about the Irish childhood back in the day was the weights training of dragging all your books and gear and lunch around everywhere.

@myboyblue learning from @Smark and getting his mammy to get him some likes.

1 Like

The only thing you’d learn from that pig is to grunt.

There might have been some merit in covering books but those covers for copies only ever meant I was left with a cover of the copy loose in a plastic cover and the inside of the copy floating around on its own. Then again I was a disaster for minding stuff.

Kim Basinger will be 65 in December.

Did you google search “worst photo of Kim Basinger ever”?

2 Likes

No

Huh?

No, just a recent one which I felt got the point across better.

For fear I’d get banned.

3 Likes

I’d say poor auld Jeeves was crippled from carrying them around for you.

2 Likes

Who carries your books to the pub for you?

2 Likes