Things I learned today (Part 1)

Coors brew Carling in Burton on Trent. Very popular in English Midlands where they wonā€™t drink Fosters and London is visa versa

Blue is the national colour of Ireland

Navy or Sky?

A US senate vote

Iā€™m assuming sky

Royal

President of Ireland flag is royal blue.

1 Like

There is a really good Rte doc on one about that tour. I think he played in the Adelphi in Dublin. He was is full flow at about 10.25 with the crowd loving it when half the audience up and left to catch the last bus, leaving a bemused Man in Black behind them.

2 Likes

I was only given 2 options

Isnā€™t it a shade they call st Patrickā€™s blue

1 Like

Heineken Ireland brew Coors here

Aye. My auntā€™s husband works as an engineer with them, and thereā€™s only ever Heineken and Coors in their house to drink (alcohol wise) #brandloyal

1 Like

Wikipedia concurs with faded memory I have from a school tour to Dublin in my childhood.

1 Like

Overdosing on vitamin c can lead to diarrhoea. (Actual, not just my usual verbal kind).

1 Like

Iā€™m missing something here?

Yeah, the above replies :zipper_mouth_face:

Here lads is this true. Dave Beasent was the first man to save a penalty in a FA cup final. @the_man_himself, you know your soccer
Can you enlighten me?

Tis true.

1 Like

He played around a few ballrooms in West Tipp and East Limerick in the late 80s during a doldrum in his career.

Iā€™m younger than you think mate

1 Like

Ah rooskey. Where I trained for my initial trade. Believe it or not Iā€™ve fond memories of the place

I was in England in the late 60ā€™s and came home one year to find a one-eyed parishioner driving a relatively new Cortina. When querying this I was informed he was now a director in Hanleys bacon factory. I was flabbergasted for a while until it was explained that he merely pointed the pigs down the chutes. Oulā€™ Petey Hanley was a good sort.

5 Likes