Things I learned today (Part 1)

This charming man…

2 Likes

The French have changed their flag.

The bleu is now darker.

Why’s that?

To fuck over the All Blacks, like they did in 07

Apparently to go back to what the flag was like shortly after the French Revolution.

The EU flag is Marian Blue, the tone declared the official colour for the Virgin Mary in the fifth century. The French flag – regularly flown or placed next to it – was changed to match it in the 1970s when the late Valéry Giscard d’Estaing, a staunch Europhile, was in the Élysée and when it was decided to lighten the colour of the French flag for aesthetic reasons to avoid a clash of blues.

1 Like

Lee Carsley is the England Under 21s manager

Are they sure it isn’t Tomas Gravesen

5 Likes

The Colombia 3 got amnesty from The Colombian government in April 2020

Pat Kenny – Lady In Red (Chris de Burgh, 1986)

Strictly speaking the ‘Lady In Red’ in question was actually Chris’s wife Diane.

But the inspiration for the song that went to number one in 25 countries, sold eight million copies and became Princess Di’s fave came as Chris watched his wife Diane dance with former Late Late Show presenter Pat Kenny in a nightclub in Stillorgan, Dublin, in the mid-'80s.

De Burgh wrote the line “never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance” after seeing Kenny trip the light fantastic with his wife.

‘Lady in Red’ is on Chris’s album Into the Light which, keeping our theme going, also includes the song ‘For Rosanna’, written to celebrate the birth of his daughter and future Miss World, Rosanna Davison, in 1984.

“There’s nobody here, it’s just you and Plank.”

2 Likes

The Lady In Red offered Pat a spliff.

When Pat presented the Eurovision Song Contest with Michelle Rocca in 1988, Michelle made some small talk with Pat during the voting, which was very close.

“This is exciting, Pat, isn’t it?”

Pat responds, smuttily and double entendrily, “yes, I’ve been excited all night” (wink wink).

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1461327133972877319?t=IgRHZ55aO-Garjykm0R8Gg&s=19

The most bizarre CdB story I ever heard and witnessed was during lockdown a woman was on live line saying her dog love Chris so much and Chris came on the radio and sang to the dog. I swear I live in a mad simulation where trump became US president

1 Like

That was a lovely gesture by Chris. Almost as good as the time he sang You’ll Never Walk Alone at Liverpool Supporters Club meeting at the late Submarine Bar in Crumlin in 2009.

1 Like

Pete Davidsons cock holds some sort of shaman powers.

The policeman shot by Rauol Moat and blinded subsequently took his own life.

1 Like

Ange was managed by Ferenc Puskas

1 Like