Things I learned today (Part 1)

Posting Shakespeare,Christ this is TFK .This should be in the things that are wrong thread but I’m too lazy to post this twice

1 Like

When we are born, we cry that we have come to this stage of fools

Finally. Thanks @Massey

I’m shocked that post wasn’t bombarded with likes bud

People. Where would you even start?

We’ll have a shortage of Guinness cans within a few weeks apparently lads. From a lad in Diageo.

Just think of all the out of date barrells they are currently pouring into the Liffey

They can’t source cans I assume?

I’ve 4, I’ll Dpd them to you

Leave them in malahide castle beside the playground and I’ll pick them up. Ta.

They’ll be atop the high tower

1 Like

That’ll be the straw that breaks the camels back. Social unrest is imminent

Do beer barrels have a use by date?
Will we be drinking dregs when the bars reopen?

Cc your mate in St. James’s Gate.

I don’t think anyone knows. Kegs have never reached their best before date in Ireland till now…

5 Likes

Also lads, HB ice cream are experiencing big difficulties in their supply chains. They’ve sold more this month than in the entire summer of 2018 apparently. Time to get some family packs of icebergers, a few slabs of guinness and lock yourself in the shed* with a shotgun.

Ice cream may melt depending on the shed.

1 Like

Guinness have a mar dhea date on kegs, is it something like four or six months? They’re doing a run this week to bring back everything in pubs but it’s more of a PR thing than anything else.

1 Like

Link?

No link. Conversation with a lad I know who works in distribution for HB. Said their excess stock had been all sold during the Surge(of people sitting at home eating ice cream) and that a few factories have cases of covid so they are way down staff.

Shorter date on guinness than lager. It should ideally be tapped and drank within 6 weeks and is better for not travelling too far. Lager can last months before tapping. Cider can last for a year.

Diageo have been collecting kegs for weeks now. Storing in Limerick until they can dispose of the contents. Don’t have space at SJG for all the empties.

Heineken doing similar.

Don’t know what c&c are doing.

Guinness is canned in Belfast from double strength concentrate tanked from SJG. They should not be short of raw materials so either short of cans or pulling production

5 Likes