Things I learned today (Part 1)

Chris Coleman’s father was from the East Wall. He sprinkled his ashes in the Liffey when he died in December 2013.

1 Like

She’s as Irish as half the rugby team.

Grand, you can have Payne, I’ll stick with emily

2 Likes

Solitary confinement was abolished in US prisons in the 1950s due to the amount of clinical evidence that showed it was leading to psychosis in prison inmates.

It was reintroduced in the 1970s once the crack epidemic swelled prison numbers and two prison officers were killed in sperate incidents in one day in one particular prison as a means of the prisons retaking control and it has remained in use to this day.

1 Like

The term ‘Culchie’ was originally used to describe people from Malahide.

Not Porto though surely?

1 Like

Different breed entirely fella. Porto folk are salt of the earth types who’ve done well but aren’t ostentatious. Malahide folk are just cunts really. No redeeming features. FF men Daire O Brien and GV Wright would be prime examples

1 Like

just to remind the forum that the labour party on behalf of the people of Portmarnock willingly gave half Portmarnock beach to Tony O’Reilly

Your lies hurt but I am strong. Forum, the above is not true. Fake news from a bitter blueshirt

i have no reason to lie

Did he take any piece of the swamp?

No mate

The Danish word for speed is fart

1 Like

A family holiday to Denmark many moons ago took in the town of Middelfart, to much merriment particularly amongst the male members of our clan. The holy grail was to be found down by the marina in town:

*NB ^not a picture of PhattPike, though I am digging this guy’s urban camouflage.

1 Like

Never done fartleks?

For those with young girls.
The Justin Bieber song ‘Love yourself’ co-written with Ed Sheeran is actually supposed to be ‘Fuck yourself’ (changed when it was realised that it had hit potential) it makes a lot more sense in the original form.

1 Like

Barry Manilow is gay

He just confirmed it today

Poor Lola.

All makes sense if it was actually Lola from the Kinks song.

It’s nice that the world is a more inclusive place now and this chap can finally stop living a lie.

1 Like