Things I learned today (Part 1)

Even though you work in a bank?

Lousy

1 Like

:flushed:

1 Like

If you haven’t received one in ages and it has gone into your main mailbox as opposed to spam, it could actually be genuine. Definitely worth pursuing mate.

5 Likes

Nah. This thing was so badly written, if my eleven year old wrote it, I’d send her to grinds

They have a pretty clever scam at the moment, where the scammer calls you, tells you there has been suspicious activity on your account and to contact to your local branch. The victim then hangs up, and dials the local branch, but the previous call is never terminated so they get reconnected back to the scammers, who then proceed to milk all of the victims bank and personal details.

Americans can’t write well, so that tallies.

1 Like

You’d know that was a hoax the minute you got through to a human being answering a call at a bank.

3 Likes

https://www.thelocal.de/20170524/german-heavy-metal-fest-builds-own-beer-pipeline

1 Like

Yes!!!

Surely only works if they ring a landline?

1 Like

And an utter simpleton.

1 Like

Tottenham footballer Heung-min Son is 6’ tall. Always thought he was shorter.

odd thing to learn

@backinatracksuit just the 1 odd here

Racist

It is indeed. The strangest of information can hit you at the strangest of times.

Sure he won’t think it’s odd at all now after the precedent you set this morning.

1 Like

Techno Goddess Nina Kraviz is a dentist from Siberia.

1 Like

Chips, cheese and gravy is a thing. :grin:

Some lads have no respect for their bodies.

Magpies are not native Irish birds.

A colony of less than a dozen of them landed in Wexford in 1679 after they were blown across from Britain during a fierce storm. All the magpies in this country are descended from them.

The magpies had obviously sussed out that Wexford would welcome them with open arms and allow them to use the place as a launchpad to take over the rest of the island.

1 Like