Things I learned today (Part 1)

Absolute bastards every single one of them.

A few around Tullogher too, cunts either way

They are fairly inbred and backward in that part of South Kilkenny it’s a proper black hole dump

Alabama and Mississippi both celebrate Robert E Lee Day on the same day as MLK Day.

1 Like

This is what the judge said!!

Dismissing her appeal in the Circuit Court, Judge Noel Ryan famously claimed that the nuns had been too lenient with her. Elsewhere in the world, women were condemned to death for this sort of offence, he said. Not that he agreed with it, he added.

1 Like

Before the Church it was the English. Too many cap doffers. Love to be told what to do.

The Chinese built a city in the suburbs of Hangzhou in 2007 that resembles Paris with a replica Eiffel Tower

The main reason a lighthouse light spins is that the glass can act as a magnifying glass in the sun and would destroy the light.

Every single block of the Fastnet lighthouse was laid by the same fella, James Kavanagh. He was also responsible for loads of the lighthouses around Ireland.

1 Like

The musical duo ‘the lighthouse family’ are not related at all

9 Likes

Do you go out in a rowing boat to refill the vending machine?

Yes. There is no end to my professionalism. And there’s a fortune to be made from fat sailors from Cork who get peckish mid-jaunt.

1 Like

Is there anyone living there? They built a load of empty cities there a few years ago and no one in em.
As an aside the Chinese one child policy has led to such a significant imbalance of men and women that Chinese families can’t afford the dowry anymore so they are remortgaging the houses the whole lot to get them married off. A good looking woman is away in a hack.
Rural Chinese are so indebted from it that they are aborting the boys now to get the pay off from the girls. #economicincentives

Had he at least a lad mixing mortar for him?

What was the rationale behind controlling that in the first place?
Surely it is a timebomb

There is a few reasons. At the time they couldn’t feed or fit what they had and it was growing at a huge rate. Doubled in about twenty years. The population cycle hadn’t adjusted its high birth rate to its newer lower death rate and longer life cycle. It would have naturally but they were worried where they’d end up before then.
Economic growth generally happens at the last stage of the population cycle, where it levels off, as the poor can’t afford luxuries if they have to use all their resources to feed their children. See catholic Ireland post legalisation of condoms for an example. They wanted to speed up that process as well.
They also had a leader at the time that decided there was already too many of them and should actually reduce their population. Not fully understanding the implications I’m sure

But the one child rule is gone now?

Just in rural areas I believe.

It should be brought in globally. There will be a great big war otherwise.

There will be a great big war anyway.