Things I learned today (Part 1)

There were two hurlers in the last decade called Eoin Kelly . Neither changed name.

Two footballers from An Gaeltacht called TomĂĄs O Se and neither changed their name

Laura Dern is a daughter of Bruce Dern…

Snow Patrol played the GAA centre in Portlaoise in 2001. They drew 22 paying guests at 10 euro a head, and threw a snot when there wasn’t cash to pay them, with their manager staying in the town until the Tuesday of the Bank Holiday Weekend, to collect the 2,500 owed to them. The cheque they refused to take, remains as a memento, of a band whom the organiser called on the night in the ensuing face off, “wasters, would never make it and were going nowhere fast”

5 Likes

Jaysus I haven’t seen a cheque in years.

Took it today for the first time too, great road. Land is very flat once you get out of Clare

Damien Duff used to clean Tim Sherwood’s boots .

Paddy Jackson is a proud proponent of rap culture

Nick hewer went to clongowes.

You have twice as many female ancestors as male ancestors.

I’m not getting that?

Think about it.

If he was anything like their rugby players he was a dirty Hewer.

Sid

Were you educated by the Jesuits ???

I was in me ballix.

1 Like

Still don’t get this, what do we define as ancestors? I would have said people we were descended from meaning an identical number right?
Can somebody explain.

I read somewhere that around 27% of the world’s population is descended from one man, almost certainly ghengis khan… does this help?

https://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/05/the-missing-men-in-your-family-tree/

Journeyman manager and ex Man Utd striker Mark Hughes’ real first name is Leslie.

And their grandfather Russell cleaned out Gay Byrne, fair play to him

4 Likes