Things that annoy you about Ireland

I’d give that a thumbs up.
But I can’t.

The hurler of the year awards.

1 Like

This 100% Hilarious carry on. Fucking hurling apes.

1 Like

Thats interesting Rocko. Considering the mix of “supported” sports in Ireland would be higher than other countries (i propose) thats arguably even more impressive.

I suppose though Dundalk are not a great team to use in the sense that right now they are successful.

Do you believe so that there are too many clubs in Dublin?

I certainly believe Cork should have bigger crowds. Its a great club with super squad and super people involved. Similar size cities in Turkey, Sweden and elsewhere get 10k+ easily regularly. Although then they don’t have GAA and rugby.

1 Like

They have basketball and handball

Cork should have two clubs . In a shithole like Scotland the second and fourth cities have each 2 clubs .

Clubs in Cork only survive a few years and then go tits up. 2 clubs would just expedite this

Cark people are woeful supporters across the board, the GGA ballers get fuck all for league and most championship games. Hurlers get fuck all in the league and for the qualifiers.

The great rugby fans wont travel to limerick

They used to and both were successful, so certainly possible.

They do, but neither have big stadiums and don’t get huge crowds. And often the clubs are all connectes and have ticket deals and different seasons.

Did you wipe the donut topping in your eye or just not bother yer hole to read the last 2 lines?

Dundalk is probably not a fair example alright but it’s a decent example of a soccer town anyway.

I think there are too many senior clubs in Dublin alright but not sure what can be done about it. Franchises are a very dirty word in Europe, but in the States they’d just spread the teams across markets more evenly. You’d lose an awful lot of the existing fanbase if you arbitrarily decided to cap the number of teams in Dublin or to ask clubs to merge, no matter how much sense that might make in the long run.

And then you have the likes of UCD and Wexford Youths which wouldn’t rate well in terms of attendances but do a good job of bringing through young players. And the focus on attendances then seems misplaced.

Scotland is very much an outlier. They have a ridiculously high attendance per capita figure - I think only the Faroes beats it, which obviously has a tiny sample size. And yet you still get loads of Scotch (and ill-informed Paddys) laughing at the 3,000 at a Ross County home game and yet that’s half the population of the town they play in.

3 Likes

I never laugh at the 3000 who go to see Ross County . I laugh at Irish people of both traditions who seek fulfilment by supporting a corporate behemoth in Glasgow when beating Ross County.

Also an awful lot of scots pass a good number of senior clubs to support the big two in Glasgow . Some do for glory and others for religious/political reasons.

Cheers for the analysis mate

And why shouldn’t they? You were using Scotland to knock Ireland in your last post. Try and remember to be consistent in your arguments.

I think you don’t want to see my point . We will leave it there .

delighted to give that no 20

1 Like

the poor availability of whores in rural Ireland, imagine trying to organise a top class ride at 4am in Inagh, shit public transport, I had to get a bus to Ballsbridge from Dublin Airport last week, like a second class scumbag

1 Like

Who gives a fuck, they are both humans.

Lads belittling victories like last night, while at the same time creaming themselves when some overpaid fuckwit scores a tap in from 6 yards in front of a crowd of 5 k in the SPL

13 Likes

Oooft