Things that are right

[quote=“mickee321, post: 813225, member: 367”]If i were you id quickly log out and clear all the recent stuff you viewed on your laptop, change passwords, etc…
FFS Mac :D[/quote]

That leggy blonde is tasty in fairness

Reeling in the years. A superb programme. Huge credit to RTE for this. Found some episodes on the RTE player this morning. Can you get the collection anywhere?

Yes, they have DVD collections for each decade I think. You can certainly get a ‘reeling in the 80s’.

Think they have some of the newer ones on boxset. They couldn’t release the older ones on boxset due to copyright or other such legal wranglings as it would have cost too much

Beware of buying the Reeling in the Years DVDs - they don’t have the full episodes as they couldn’t get permission for everything.

I managed to get 1969-2000 from a torrent site a few years ago. Magnificent television.

Reeling in the Years is my favourite TV ever made. It is just superb.

I recorded all 40 odd episodes down the years and have then on my UPC recorder thing. Stay clear from the boxsets. Episodes are only around 15 minutes and, as had already been alluded to, leave out anything with issues over copyright. In some cases that may be the biggest story of the year.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 813426, member: 24”]Reeling in the Years is my favourite TV ever made. It is just superb.

I recorded all 40 odd episodes down the years and have then on my UPC recorder thing. Stay clear from the boxsets. Episodes are only around 15 minutes and, as had already been alluded to, leave out anything with issues over copyright. In some cases that may be the biggest story of the year.[/quote]

Farmer you need to give your UPC box to someone like Rocko so he can copy them and burn a DVD for me. The ones I downloaded aren’t in widescreen and it pisses me off. I’m also missing 1963-1968 and 2000 onwards.

The 2000s can be lived without Tinnion. The 60s are fantastic though. I take it that you have the famous ‘I wouldn’t be able to write my name if you gave me all of Bagnelstown’ scene?

Another great clip from the 60s surrounded the uproar from the Church about Jane Mansfield visiting Tralee. They showed a clip of a local saying that she didn’t see why Mansfield wasn’t allowed visit. In her opinion there were much worse things going on in Ireland at the time that no one knows about. How right she was.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 813433, member: 24”]

Another great clip from the 60s surrounded the uproar from the Church about Jane Mansfield visiting Tralee. They showed a clip of a local saying that she didn’t see why Mansfield wasn’t allowed visit. In her opinion there were much worse things going on in Ireland at the time that no one knows about. How right she was.[/quote]

I think this is what makes the series so good. I was watching 1979 this morning and I’d to laugh when they showed clips of the pope in Ireland and they had Bishop Casey and Fr. Cleary entertaining the crowds!

‘Bind us together Lord. Bind us together!’

Great clip. Another favourite of mine is when the National Lottery is launched in 1987. They ask Haughey what would he do if he won it. He said that he would give a lot of it away to organisations for the greater good of the country, sporting organisations particularly. He then said that ‘I might keep a few bob for myself’!

Cut to the credits and Wet Wet Wet’s ‘Wishing I was Lucky’ playing out.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 813440, member: 24”]‘Bind us together Lord. Bind us together!’

Great clip. Another favourite of mine is when the National Lottery is launched in 1987. They ask Haughey what would he do if he won it. He said that he would give a lot of it away to organisations for the greater good of the country, sporting organisations particularly. He then said that ‘I might keep a few bob for myself’!

Cut to the credits and Wet Wet Wet’s ‘Wishing I was Lucky’ playing out.[/quote]

I was watching that yesterday evening. The man was utterly shameless. Two other great songs in that episode “Town to Town” by Microdisney, and the absolutely brilliant “Straight Back Down to Earth” by Curiosity Killed the Cat.

Justice-pensioner style.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/5698062/Burglar-left-bruised-and-bleeding-by-retired-boxer-72.html

[SIZE=10px][FONT=georgia][FONT=arial]Frank Corti, 72, who served with the Royal Engineers in North Africa from 1956-58, dodged the knife and punched Gregory McCalium, 23, twice in the face, giving him a black eye and a swollen lip. He then restrained the attacker until police arrived.[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px][FONT=georgia][FONT=arial]McCalium, a barman, was given a four-and-a-half year prison sentence at Oxford Crown Court on Monday for aggravated burglary and was told by the judge he had “got what he deserved”.[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px][FONT=georgia][FONT=arial]The court heard Mr Corti was at home in Botley, Oxford, with his wife Margaret, 72, when McCalium, a neighbour, forced his way in at 8am on Aug 19 last year. McCalium was drunk.[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px][FONT=georgia][FONT=arial]Speaking after the case, Mr Corti said: “I was scared when he first drew the knife, but my old training must have kicked in because I just punched him as hard as I could and he went down like a sack of spuds. If you can’t defend what’s yours, where are we at?”[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px][FONT=georgia][FONT=arial]McCalium had denied the charge and claimed he could not remember what happened.[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

Norwegian Airlines. Free wifi on their flights and so far a pleasant experience.

Baul Bollins getting clamped on live radio by Humphrey Kelleher.

They dedicated 25% of their slot to talking about KK and Kelleher rightly pulled him up on it.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 815222, member: 686”]Baul Bollins getting clamped on live radio by Humphrey Kelleher.

They dedicated 25% of their slot to talking about KK and Kelleher rightly pulled him up on it.[/quote]
What show is this and why were they talking about kk??

Today Fm… Championship sunday.

Spent 15 minutes on a piece he recorded during the week down in KK. It was a piece dedicated to ‘how KK people feel about being out of champ so early’ :rolleyes:

Leaving Cert Parties sound far more interesting than back in my day

Sex Themed Athlone Leaving Cert Party Causing Controversy

The National Parents Council Post Primary says a Sex themed Leaving Cert Results night in Athlone is looking for trouble.

According to the Irish Sun a party in Karma Nightclub called F Results will see Penis Rodeo, wet t-shirt competitions, beer bongs and 300 free shots doled out.

The newspaper claims fliers being distributed throughout the town say the night is about making results night about you.

Jackie O’Callaghan from the N P C P P says its unethical

Penis Rodeo?
Sounds like a drill from a Munster rugby training session

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 816155, member: 1786”]Penis Rodeo?
Sounds like a drill from a Munster rugby training session[/quote]
It’d take a fun boy to focus in on that, I would have imagined thats for the ladies mate, wouldn’t you?

I think you can get it on various torrent sites. Dunno about posting them here though…