Things that are right

Oh my days.
The auctions have just finished.
I would sit down.
First up, a Sergio aguero signed man city shirt in a decorative frame with led lights round the edge which made it resemble a shop window in Amsterdam. £550 iirc.
Next, a angeli di mario one similar but red LEDs. £400.
Then a Christiano Ronaldo one (all signed). Not sure if this had LEDs. £ 700 odd.
Then a pele signed montage £ 400.
Finally a signed montage. No jersey now, just a signed photo and some other photos, and three golf balls (not signed) under the headline banner “Rory MacIlroy World Champion”

£4500 :eek::eek::eek:

@Midshipman Asha 's donation will be framed and I would hope will fetch £500 next year. :clap:
:clap:

this and the commentary…
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29280178

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1042360, member: 1170”]
Finally a signed montage. No jersey now, just a signed photo and some other photos, and three golf balls (not signed) under the headline banner “Rory MacIlroy World Champion”

£3500 :eek::eek::eek:

:clap:[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t even make sense Flatty does it? World champion?! Nice touch all the same.

@Midshipman Asha is a thoroughly alright sort

The lad from the texaco is across the road throwing all yesterdays pastries to the ducks. Gourmet fair for the feathered friends of fingal!

Bloated ducks with insulin spikes & poor cognitive ability.

You can’t afford a 3pm slump in 40 feet of water.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1042397, member: 686”]Bloated ducks with insulin spikes & poor cognitive ability.

You can’t afford a 3pm slump in 40 feet of water.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, kp. I’ve just run over and left out a dish of cinnamon and nutmeg for them so we should be alright.

Waking up on Sunday morning with a clear head.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1042430, member: 24”]Waking up on Sunday morning with a clear head.[/QUOTE]unbelievable, unreal

Paul Ince: Tom was brilliant for Blackpool. I’d say that if he was my son, your son…

Kammy: He may be I’ve been told!

It’s wonderful. 2nd Sunday in a row. I deserve a medal. Just looking up chicken soup recipes which I will make for the week’s lunches while I’m doing a Sunday roast. Get a gym in. Mix with fellow humans on a level playing field. The choices are limitless.

I got up at 8am. 40 minutes of hip flexibility and strengthening exercises was followed by a 10-minute break to relax and eat a banana.

I then proceeded into my stationary bike work as it would be folly to ignore cardio. I did a brisk 25-minutes and built up a good sweat before completing my grooming tasks such as beard trimming, brushing teeth, showering and I got dressed after this.

I followed this with some cursory housework tasks such as bringing rubbish bags to the basement communal bin before heading over to Herb Street just after 10am to beat the brunch queue. I had Eggs Benedict with a sausage and and it was very tasty. I also had tap water and an americano.

I next took a little stroll around the Grand Canal Dock area after brunch to get some fresh air and stopped into Insomnia Coffee Shop on my way back and had another coffee.

I’m now back in the apartment and I’m all set for the big one - Aberdeen versus Celtic.

It was a really pleasant morning.

Here’s a picture of the calmness down by the Dock from earlier:

[ATTACH=full]1937[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1042437, member: 1537”]It’s wonderful. 2nd Sunday in a row. I deserve a medal. Just looking up chicken soup recipes which I will make for the week’s lunches while I’m doing a Sunday roast. Get a gym in. Mix with fellow humans on a level playing field. The choices are limitless.[/QUOTE]sounds unreal, what a positive lifestyle choice

:mad:

Apart from that :clap:.

Just back from my Sunday morning constitutional cycle. Went down to the seafront to have a look at new housing development Warren Lodge and then went around into Baldoyle to take a look at Dargans Way. I wouldn’t buy a house in Dargans Way. A real compromise of a development.

Then back around and out to Howth. Felt a few drops of rain and pegged it back home and got in just ahead of a heavy shower.

[QUOTE=“dancarter, post: 1042388, member: 122”]That doesn’t even make sense Flatty does it? World champion?! Nice touch all the same.

@Midshipman Asha is a thoroughly alright sort[/QUOTE]
I couldn’t see who was bidding, but it must have been two construction lads going against each other. At 1000 pounds it was just the two of them left. I thought it was 3500 but it actually was 4500 that it went for. Great boost that will be. Btw, I didn’t organise anything bar a couple of auction prizes. I was just there. Had a mighty night. Feed of Guinness, irish dancers, dodgy band, bingo, funny auction bidding. One raffle prize was a “power generator and engine starter” donated by a haulage firm. Wtf one would do with one of those I have no idea. It would have been funny to wake up with that beside the bed this morning. I once woke up after one of these things with a full framed montage of Ricky ponting memorabilia leaning against the wall. Well, actually I was woken by herself saying “What the fuck is that thing?”

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1042434, member: 24”]Paul Ince: Tom was brilliant for Blackpool. I’d say that if he was my son, your son…

Kammy: He may be I’ve been told![/QUOTE]
Classic Kammy :smiley:

Jen Selter.

Her face is garbage.

:eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Clearly you’ve missed the point. I hadn’t even noticed she has face.

Clearly you’ve missed the point. I hadn’t even noticed she has face.[/QUOTE]

What a childish and objectionable post. Totally disrespectful to this lady. And indeed all women.