Things that continue to be right…or things that float your 🐐

For a man who supposedly plays tennis you seem surprised that a sport can contain lots of shots.

3 Likes

They aren’t just shot upon shot so maybe you don’t get them

Ok mate, bury your head in the sand

You have a point in fairness. I’m very conflicted about score a minute bloodless hurling. I’d far rather a game that finished 4-8 to 3-10 than a game that finished 1-25 to 1-24. I might just be a dinosaur though.

Look st the results from the all Ireland in the 90s compared to now. Some difference

I just heard a hurling man say it recently and am just regurgitating his point

1 Like

.:+1:

They couldn’t hurl back then though mate

1 Like

It was a different game back then. There were no tactics, just lashing the ball up and down the pitch. A bit like you imagine hurling to be now.

What hurling man?

Fuck up you fucking idiot

Keep out if it

You didn’t make that up mate did you?

no, I wouldn’t have an interest in hurling so was unaware how much the game has changed in the last 15 years. One thing for sure is that what was on display yesterday isn’t the game that Edward carsson codified in trinity

6 Likes

Imagine a baseball loving yank watching those two games the weekend…
Back to the puke football this weekend.

Points total in the Munster championship 2018. Excluding goals.

AI qfs

AI Sfs

Munster SHC

Qf

Sf

Final

Would tend to agree
Taking Limerick as example, I found their 2014 semi final with Kilkenny a more compelling game than yesterday.
The kids these days just want scores I suppose

3 Likes

Agreed, the best hurling final in living memory was the 1996 final

Total number of scores you ask?

check mate @padjo

7 Likes

Gaa starting in 7 mins on TnaG and continuing right up to 9:00pm tonight*.
I’m about to take my place on the couch with a few tins of Chateau Lindene for the evening.

• camogie quarters, but I’ll watch them too.
1 Like

It takes Sham Rovers 125 Home Games to get that amount people through the turnstiles.

Wifey pulled a stroke a couple of months buying madame a Dublin top. She’s only worn it once so I was still hopeful to wean her away from Dublin. Then at the mini all Ireland she was playing for Roscommon and I decided to bring her to croker today for her first match: Roscommon vs Dublin

It all went as planned and we’re on the way to croker and she’s wearing her Roscommon top. When we go hurling it’ll be purple and gold tho!

Also in rightness her sheer delight at going to croker for the first time.

6 Likes