Things you know about Ewan McKenna

You’re

2 Likes

Thanks Art

1 Like

You prick :smile:

2 Likes

It’s the usual edge lord online stuff, with a bit of logic pedantry thrown in as well.

Such is society, there’ll always be those that never believe and those that always believe. But for the rest who are without bias and with logic, they’re left awaiting an explanation. Without it, they just might start suggesting it’s time that Sir Mo arose and opened up that second letter.

Fuck me :smile:

How did the editor let that through?

It’s the Indo we’re talking about here? They don’t even have sub-eds any more.

I thought it was a very good article on farah, and a brave and principled piece of journalism.

4 Likes

indeed, that’s why I posted it in the decent journalism a few weeks ago. too many try hards around here who ironically could use some performance enhancing products.

1 Like

Cocaine and deadlines

Do Ewan’s pieces make the newspaper or are they for independent.ie consumption only? I think his column gets published online on Thursday evenings.

They make the SBP print edition anyway

I liked the Farah article but I dont know anything about athletics so maybe was just good to see the various strands pulled together.

I dont agree with loads of stuff he writes but wouldnt let it take away from his being a quality journo really.

The twitter rowing is bizarre and doesnt serve him well (albeit it is entertaining)

1 Like

I’d like to see Ewan do an article on how Eddie Jones’s media persona is damaging his performance as a coach.

He is exiled to Brazil to be fair to him, can’t imagine doing much digging around there. Instead of trying to be Skip Bayless on Twitter, he could have gone the sage expat abroad route. Talking about the domestic association football scene where he is and weaving that into a discussion about Brazilian society as a whole on Second Captains every few weeks. I guess there’s already some chap from the BBC who fills that role though.

1 Like

I called this lad for what he was nearly 7 years ago :clap:

There’s generally only room for one.

Paddy Agnew had the Italian market cornered for years. Sid Lowe is the go to guy for Spain.

Russia was the real market niche opportunity for somebody over the last few years.

Tim Vickery

I think Ewan’s trying to develop a Danny Taylor style of writing, but he’s just not as good as the Englishman. Few are when it comes to knitting long sentences together in a crusading / campaigning style which still reads excellently, like Taylor did in multiples pieces which called out Crewe / the English FA in the recent sex abuse cases.

Ewan’s efforts are long winded and messy by contrast. The first drafts which go up online on Thursday evenings are often punctuated with spelling and grammatical (or should that be “grammar”?!) errors and usually get tidied up later on after his twitter ENEMIES reply to the tweet linking the article pointing the mistakes out and calling him a cunt.

He’s great value though.

3 Likes

Ewan chose the wrong night of the week to go to Diceys so.

With all respect to Ewan, Tim Vickery is different gravy altogether

2 Likes

Who is Tim Vickery?