Those of dubious character

I lived in Monaghan pal, for a whole year. I am far from fucking soft.

(here, Bandage, what’s with this @croppy_boy character coming on here with some random story about scoring all his team’s points and trying to steal your thunder? That definitely didn’t happen. Like I’m just gently pulling your leg over a legendary happening in Wexford GAA history, but what’s his game? Can you issue some sort of infraction to him for coming on the INTERNET and making things up?)

Incorrect. I scored all the points for my team and @count_of_monte_crist can confirm this.*

• it may only have been one point but it was all of the team’s points.

Was it a winning contribution?

That’s a blast from the past, I think you may have beaten us in the semi-final

It would have been if I had added to another 4-4 to it.

One man can only do so much :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Taking plywood orders over the phone isn’t the same thing as taking bomb threads Fitzy

What club are you? I think it was the Alley we beat in the semi.

Maybe not then, played Ramsgrange around then in a Co. semi-final. Ballyhogue

That might have been the Under 12 side I’d say. I didn’t play against Ballyhogue myself until the Jim Byrne Cup.

Just checked, it was the 1993 Co. Semi-final, Ramsgrange 1-6, Ballyhogue 0-7

Age group?

he scored the one and only point in a complete hammering by Glynn.

1 Like

Would you all fuck off - Nearly every kid that grew up in the 80/90s was an outdoors kid. We played sports all days, got into mischief at night - In the summer we would swim at Ardnacrusha or out the Ennis road, we would skin orchards, tip out the track to Cratloe woods jumoing off the sand-dunes, build huts/tree houses etc. etc. etc I still had time for a movie every now and then and we were even treated to the cinema once n a while - It sounds like ye cunts were more depraved than anything.

2 Likes

1 Like

There’s a significant difference between watching and revelling in a classic like Home Alone and getting giddy about Star Wars, you weird creep.

1 Like

You don’t like Star Wars, that’s fine. But don’t make out like you were one of the famous 5 just because you were not allowed watch movies as a kid.

1 Like

Not exclusive to the kids of today. Plenty of so-called adults also behave like this.

1 Like

Lickspittle Lennon

I do know someone from Longford, and have a grand aunt in law from the same town as it happens. Newtownforbes. (I feel a bit strange writing that and can understand how a man like @flattythehurdler that grew up in cultural hot bed like Galway would feel put out by it too).

@Fitzy - I’ve heard some depraved tales from people that grew up / lived in Monaghan - well done on making it out of there pal. That’s definitely something for the “thing that are right” thread.

Lies.