Those of dubious character

The second place finisher in the womenā€™s swimming marathon yesterday was disqualified for far less.

1 Like

They barely even mentioned the fella stretchered to the hospital. If that was Cavendish theyā€™d almost have followed him out of the stadium and demanded blood from the culprit. It was disgusting.

Absolutely.

They got lucky that Viviani got back up and won.

1 Like

Didnā€™t the British media call for Michael Schumacher to be lynched when he innocently cut across Damon Hill at the Australian Grand Prix in 1994? :grinning:

1 Like

Heā€™d have got dogā€™s abuse.

On the other hand you need to remember that top sprinters are animals and that is what they do. Cold blooded at 50 mile an hour. No place for Mother Theresaā€™s up there.

Of course. Doesnā€™t make it right though, surely what he did there was illegal under the rules? Its astonishing that its not. However, rules in that competition look pretty flimsy.

Kilkennyesque treatment for Cav.

Cav took him out deliberately in my view. I think heā€™s a great sprinter and is as clean as they can be but that was an extremely questionable move on his part on the Korean.

As an aside, is South Korea just known as Korea now?

He threatened to sue a journo apparently last night for asking about the crash. Uber defensive.

He was absolutely livid post race, his interview was wicked defensive also, his twitching was off the chart. Iā€™d say heā€™s utterly deranged.

Ah sure the British Media are always calling for someone to be lynched. Look at the treatment of Beckham after the 98 world cup.

Dont think the press asked for him to be lynched, however I do recall the scumbag fans of West Ham shaming themselves, burning him in effigy at the opening game of the 98/99 season.

Alot of these guys are.

I have said it in the past, professional sport is not really all that when you get into. Full of lunatics, sociopaths, greed, huge egoā€™s, pampered assholes, unqualified coaches etc.

I am reading David Millarā€™s book at the moment. Quite good. He describes Cav in the sprints. Cav has this ability to think in an absolutely cold blooded way in a sprint, almost like he is in slow motion but at 40-50 mile an hour surrounded by 180 riders. And then the minute the race is over he turns into an absolute lunatic, like all the emotions just explode. He is as likely to kiss you as hit you apparently.

Something similar in both those posts. Of course you need to be wired a little differently to push yourself to the levels people do to succeed at an elite level. Why does the greatest sportsman in the world headbutt an opponent in his last ever game? Why does a tennis player go off the deep end and threaten to kill an umpire? Why does an athlete throw themselves over a line to win a race with little or no though to their safety?

They push themselves past where 99% of humans are willing to go, once youā€™re there, anything is possible.

Ever taken decent amphetamine?

Thatā€™s pretty much what you turn into if something pisses you off and sprinters have been using amps for decades. Iā€™ve seen loads of interviews where heā€™s most likely tweaked out of his mind.

Exaggerating the cuntishness that is already there.

The six day races are rife with them. Sprinting for hours every night. Mad shit.

1 Like

Off his nut on drugs.