Three injured in Fairview pub shooting

Ah right, I have it now.

Stokes looks like a bit of knacker himself anyways.

It did yeah.

Not my type of bar at all. They had bands on for last couple of Celtic Huns games but didn’t get much of a crowd I don’t think.

Free pint everytime Stokes scores a goal. Free shots now too!

Ah jaysus :smiley:

Maybe the marksmanship is spot on and what we are witnessing here is evolution where skulls are starting to become bullet proof? :smiley:

Or even more likey, that there is a distinct lack of brain matter in these scumbags heads.

It could be that also Runt, but I didn’t want to suggest that those people shot last night were scumbags, now there is a strong possibility they were but on the slight chance they weren’t I wouldn’t want class them as scumbag. :smiley:

what is it about that area or town from Connolly station - fairview - drumcondra?
the pubs / bookies around connolly are bad and they get progressively worse as you had furthur on out.
dublin has some messy parts to it but this area always stood out to me as particually manky, so many fellas wandering around with that “heroin look” on their faces.
it must be something to do with all the bogger folk from the west of ireland moving up there over the years, i cant think of any other reason…

They used to have a bus to bring patrons home. At the moment it’s parked up down the lane by the pub. It looks as if it’s been well smashed up.

Probably because they have heroin in their faces.

Mickee, I guess its the poorest part of the city, I would extend the area to go from the area around the Point (I refuse to call it the O2) all the way up to O’ Connell street and from the Liffey to the river Tolka. In that area you have some of the roughest and poorest parts of the city. If you were a publican in that area ya wouldn’t be spending much money on the interior of your pub considering some the patrons ya would be getting.

Jaysus can ya imagine what it would be like on that bus? Say they had to clean the blood of the windows and seats each night at the end of the run.

i can tell ye this now coz im a friend of austen who was shot and i know the fella brian who was also shot,ozzie is the nicest bloke on the planet,loves going out for his few beers,works hard, the chap has not touched as much a cigarette in his life, he was just standing out the front having a chat, hes a football fanatic and if that had of being me standing outside last nite i would be in hospital now… the garda warned them to get knew doormen a while ago but the owners never listened its as simple as that

i can tell ye this now coz im a friend of austen who was shot and i know the fella brian who was also shot,ozzie is the nicest bloke on the planet,loves going out for his few beers,works hard, the chap has not touched as much a cigarette in his life, he was just standing out the front having a chat, hes a football fanatic and if that had of being me standing outside last nite i would be in hospital now… the garda warned them to get knew doormen a while ago but the owners never listened its as simple as that

So the doorman was the target and the other lads were just in the wrong place? Bad one.
Hope your mates are alright.

Apparently this is the case. The bouncer was the target. The gunman seemingly opened fire on a bunch of random people which included this bouncer.

Bad form

:blink:

Yea, shur if you can’t depend on a guy who’ll be trigger man for a few quid who can you rely on anymore…

and i think the bouncer was only targeted because of who he worked for…i don’t think it was a personal vendetta against him…

It’s fairly unnerving. The girlfriend used to live about 2 mins walk from the place and we’d be passing it fairly regularly. Now it isn’t the safest area anyway but if you kept to yourself it’s a grand place. This blatent disregard for randomers is a different kettle of fish though