Time for the walkers leprechaun to let it go?

There is little doubt that Roy is one of the Greatest Irishmen of all time, perhaps even the Greatest.

Mongs around here should not fall into the trap of mixing up Greatness and popularity.

Everywhere

http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=295

Roy Keane is a cunt.

Fail 2 prepareā€¦Prepare 2 fail.

Just saw a good chunk of the press conference on Sky Sports News there. Keane did not say one thing that I disagreed with. Bandage, I donā€™t think heā€™s claiming to be trying to improve Irish football. Iā€™d also imagine that given his current troubles at Ipswich heā€™d be better off not getting himself on the TV at the moment.

He doesnā€™t like Delaney; he makes no bones about that. Criticising the defending for the goal was probably unnecessary, but accurate in my view and the view of plenty of other posters here. He also went on to say that the fans, the manager and most of the players deserved better.

I used to be a big fan of Keane but went off him after Saipan and Iā€™m beginning to dislike him more and more every time he opens his mouth these days.
How does he have the lack of self awareness to tell everyone to get over one of the cruellest defeats in sporting history two days after it happens, yet in the next breath he has a little cry about John Delaney not ringing him SEVEN fucking years ago.
His pop at Shay Given too shows that everything is personal with him. There is absolutely no way the goal was Givenā€™s fault but Keane just seems to dislike him for some reason so has a dig.
This ā€˜some of the playersā€™ is ultimate Keanespeak too. Trying to create a bit of mystery about which lads he deems unworthy. Be fairly funny if he was on about McShane seeing as the idiot signed him for Sunderland.

[quote=ā€œgolaā€]I used to be a big fan of Keane but went off him after Saipan and Iā€™m beginning to dislike him more and more every time he opens his mouth these days.
How does he have the lack of self awareness to tell everyone to get over one of the cruellest defeats in sporting history two days after it happens, yet in the next breath he has a little cry about John Delaney not ringing him SEVEN fucking years ago.
His pop at Shay Given too shows that everything is personal with him. There is absolutely no way the goal was Givenā€™s fault but Keane just seems to dislike him for some reason so has a dig.
This ā€˜some of the playersā€™ is ultimate Keanespeak too. Trying to create a bit of mystery about which lads he deems unworthy. Be fairly funny if he was on about McShane seeing as the idiot signed him for Sunderland.[/quote]

:clap:

I think youā€™ve firmly hit the nail on the head there.

Heā€™s a hypocritical idiot wrapped up in a ball of self importance. I hope he gets asthma.

Asthma? You can do better than that.

thats the thing with Keane ā€¦thereā€™s no let upā€¦he doesnā€™t play the crowdā€¦just shoots from the hipā€¦heā€™s not a nice guy done goodā€¦heā€™s a single minded man who wants to win at all costsā€¦a lot of what he says is rightā€¦but at the same time he has moaned about referreeing decisions with sunderland in his timeā€¦also suggesting given should go for the ball was madnessā€¦it was above dunneā€™s head for fcuk sakeā€¦if given had tried to kill it before it bounced he would have had to have gambled on dunne missing it which was far to close a callā€¦

[quote=ā€œgolaā€]I used to be a big fan of Keane but went off him after Saipan and Iā€™m beginning to dislike him more and more every time he opens his mouth these days.
This ā€˜some of the playersā€™ is ultimate Keanespeak too. Trying to create a bit of mystery about which lads he deems unworthy. Be fairly funny if he was on about McShane seeing as the idiot signed him for Sunderland.[/quote]

Agreed. His ego went unchallenged for too long and gave the impression that some great psychological strength lay behind all his childish, petulant bullshit. The reality is heā€™s just another insecure short cunt who canā€™t let go of the mildest perceived sleight. Heā€™s an oddball who happens to have been a good footballer so weā€™re supposed to intepret his cuntishness in some other way. Sorry, heā€™s just a cunt.

Thinly veiled ā€œiā€™m jealous because Roy was very talented and commited and iā€™ve never been that commited to anything in my lifeā€ post from Bando there.:rolleyes:

No, just think heā€™s a fucking idiot - no more, no less. :eek:

You read a lot from a post kev

people can be commited to enjoying life and livin it too kevā€¦its not all about running aound a field you knowā€¦:wink:

shit, forgot Keane was from Cork. Sure this is just another Cork bashing thread so.

Kev, it dont matter a fook where he is from, Keane is a cunt. As Gola says, telling people to get over a disgraceful decision that cost a World Cup berth, but yet complaining about no phone call 7 years ago.

Actually, maybe its just that Keane has no importance over the World Cup seeing as he was happy enough to walk out on one.

Absolutely scum, fine music, women and food are also very high on my priority list. All after family and friends.

WTB - Iā€™m very deep.:wink:

Lads,

Keane is a mouthpiece. He always was. What needs to stop is reaction to what he has to say. Pathetic watching him on the Late Late Show a while back where the audience lapped up everything he said. He is insignificant now. It matters not one bit what he has to say but as long as there are people talking about it, the media will keep asking him and he will keep delivering the soundbites.

I have words for you Royston ā€“ nobody cares about your opinion and now go back to try to win a game with Ipswich.

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]Lads,

Keane is a mouthpiece. He always was. What needs to stop is reaction to what he has to say. Pathetic watching him on the Late Late Show a while back where the audience lapped up everything he said. He is insignificant now. It matters not one bit what he has to say but as long as there are people talking about it, the media will keep asking him and he will keep delivering the soundbites.

I have words for you Royston nobody cares about your opinion and now go back to try to win a game with Ipswich.[/quote]

Roy Keane
Shit manager
Tabloid whore
Cork cunt

[quote=ā€œGmanā€]shit, forgot Keane was from Cork. Sure this is just another Cork bashing thread so.

Kev, it dont matter a fook where he is from, Keane is a cunt. As Gola says, telling people to get over a disgraceful decision that cost a World Cup berth, but yet complaining about no phone call 7 years ago.

Actually, maybe its just that Keane has no importance over the World Cup seeing as he was happy enough to walk out on one.[/quote]

No, its a Roy Keane bashing thread. I donā€™t think heā€™s an angel, and i wish he was a little more media shy Gman.

But people belittle him performances because heā€™s a cunt. I like alot of his cuntishness, but thats just me, he wanted to be the best he could, and he should be respected if not applauded for that.

He was one of Irelands greatest ever players, end of. Scumpot is right, it ainā€™t a popularity contest, and he isnā€™t into popularity, if you really analyize him.

But surely thatā€™s the nature of professional sport? The players have another game at the weekend. Theyā€™ve got to get over it and focus on that.

It seems to me that other people are more obsessed with Keane than the man himself is. Itā€™s hardly surprising that he has strong feelings about the FAI and some of the players involved given how he perceives the events of 2002 (whether you agree with him or not). When asked the question, he chooses to give his opinion rather than say nothing. Thatā€™s probably not the smartest thing for him to do, but itā€™s his choice. Itā€™s up to everyone who thinks heā€™s irrelevant to ignore him rather than keep on commenting every time he expresses an opinion.