Time to get behind the taliban

was that not a sub branch of al quaeda

The british army have destroyed,raped,pillaged - large chunks of africa asia irleandsouth america the indian sub continent etc etc- they have wiped out the native indians & did their best to do the same in australia & the south pacific - the taliban have a draconian mysognist outlook & have huge human right issues - the british army are currently engaged in 2 colonialist war- yet you take the side of clegg

No no no. I havent taken any sides. I couldnt care less about Clegg.

From your last post it sounds like you want the whole british army to be wiped out.

You’re the one that said

yes flango- id support the taliban ahead of the british army in the war in afghanastan -
Britains continuos mass murderer in that country can not be supported -
their response to a miltary defeat to the taliban is to kill civilans- nice flano real nice

id be opposed to this flango

Nato forces kill ‘up to 85’ civilians in Afghan attack
By Justin Huggler, Asia Correspondent
Published: 27 October 2006
Nato forces in Afghanistan have killed scores of civilians in a single operation, bombing them in their own homes as they celebrated the end of Ramadan.

Nato commanders were facing serious questions yesterday as the Afghan government said it had confirmed that at least 40 civilians were killed in Nato bombing raids in Panjwayi district, near Kandahar.

Nato said its own initial investigation found that only 12 “non-combatants” were killed, but it had no explanation for the discrepancy with the government’s figures. Local Afghan officials said they believed as many as 85 civilians died - which would make the incident the worst single atrocity committed by Western forces in Afghanistan since the fall of the Taliban.

What was clear was that something terrible happened at Panjwayi, a penniless place amid the barren dust of Kandahar province. Nato says its forces were fighting Taliban insurgents who had been attacking convoys in the area. According to Bismillah Afghanmal, a Kandahar provincial council member, Taliban fighters tried to take shelter in civilian houses - and Nato forces targeted the houses despite the fact civilians were still inside. Witnesses say 25 houses were razed in four to five hours of bombing.

The attack came as Afghans celebratedEid al-Fitr, which marks the end of Ramadan. In 2002 a US air strike killed 46 civilians at a wedding party in Oruzgan.

As many as 70 Taliban insurgents were killed in the fighting at Panjwayi, according to Major Mark Knittig, a spokesman for Isaf, the Nato force in Afghanistan. “Very sadly, civilians continue to get caught up in these engagements with tragic results,” he said, adding that Nato always used “precision strikes”.

Nato said its initial investigation found that only 12 civilians died, but it had no explanation for the number of funerals that were taking place in the area yesterday. In Kandahar city, hundreds attended a mass funeral.

“Everyone is very angry at the government and the coalition. There was no Taliban,” said Abdul Aye, a villager, as he wept. He said 22 of his extended family were killed. “These tragedies just keep continuing.”

Another villager, Taj Mohammed, said 10 members of his family were killed. “The information was wrong,” he said. “There were no militants. Innocent people have been killed.”

Another 22 people were buried overnight in a mass grave at Mirwisa Mina, a village 10 miles from Kandahar, according to Habibullah Khan, a local politician.

Zmarai Bashiry, a spokesman for the Afghan Interior Ministry said police and local officials had confirmed 40 civilians died.

The UN’s Afghanistan mission said it was “very concerned” at the reports. It said in a statement: “The safety and welfare of civilians must always come first and any civilian casualties are unacceptable, without exception.”

Nato will co-operate with an inquiry by the Afghan Defence Ministry. But Mr Afghanmal, of the provincial council, said: “An investigation has no meaning. These kinds of things have happened several times, and they only say: ‘Sorry’. How can you compensate people who have lost their sons and daughters? The government and the coalition told the families that there are no Taliban in the area anymore. If there are no Taliban, then why are they bombing the area?”

Nato claimed in September that it had successfully cleared the Panjwayi area of Taliban.

FingalRaven wrote:

yes flango- id support the taliban ahead of the british army in the war in afghanastan -
Britains continuos mass murderer in that country can not be supported -
their response to a miltary defeat to the taliban is to kill civilans- nice flano real nice

You prefer the taliban over the british army. Fair enough.

I’m finished with this thread now.

you prefer an army that currently occupies our country over one in asia - fair enough

Obviously the taliban are nuttier than a jumbo, duty-free sized, slab of cadbury’s whole nut but christ, I hope they rout the fook out of the British Army*. After the massacres the British Army have inflicted on my country and people a decision between the two doesn’t give me a second thought.

• Bandage only endorses violence as a last resort after all negotiation attempts have been exorcised. However, he has no qualms about a nation using force against an illegal imperial, colonial, oppressor.

i concur with bandage

I can’t believe I’m reading this shite. The British army saved our arses in the WW2 and they are in Iraq and Afganasthan at the moment proctecting Europe from terrorism. Fook the Taliban, I’m behind the UK army and freedom!!

If the taliban had half the chance they would make Ireland a Muslim state and introduce numerous draconian suppressive laws so they are both as bad as each other.

Just curious Raven cause I dont know the facts (only what you have written above) but what would you do if you were a soldier and a car was driving at you at speed during the troubles?

gerrardno1 wrote:

If the taliban had half the chance they would make Ireland a Muslim state and introduce numerous draconian suppressive laws so they are both as bad as each other.

Just curious Raven cause I dont know the facts (only what you have written above) but what would you do if you were a soldier and a car was driving at you at speed during the troubles?

British policy in this country over last thirty years (and beyond) has been shameful. To equate the horrific crimes of the Taliban with crimes of the British Army however is misleading. The British Army are a representaive force of the British government. The crimes they have committed in this country and others were carried out on behalf of the British Governemnt. Many if not all of these went unpunished or were ignored. This makes it more sickening then the Taliban imo.

“This makes it more sickening then the Taliban imo.”

So they made women second class citizens and purposely killed thousands of innocent people, come off it for gods sake.

BenShermin wrote:

So they made women second class citizens and purposely killed thousands of innocent people, come off it for gods sake.

British Army contributed greatly to making Nationalists/Republicans second class citizens in Ireland. This was not only tolerated but rewarded by the British government. This makes it worse imo.

Im seeing a lot of past tense being used by you Terrorist lovers.

I knew some sensible heads like Ben and Gerry (couldnt help myself) would appear out of the madness.

BenShermin wrote:

True, the Taliban handed ladies a big glass of shut the hell up, but any regime that hates the thought of shaving so much they make not shaving agin the law can’t be all bad.
And they’re never short of a bit of smoke.

Fingal Flano wrote:

Im seeing a lot of past tense being used by you Terrorist lovers.

I knew some sensible heads like Ben and Gerry (couldnt help myself) would appear out of the madness.

Who are the terrorist lovers? If you are referring to me as one please explain how I am a terrorist lover

larryduff wrote:

Fingal Flano wrote:

[quote]Im seeing a lot of past tense being used by you Terrorist lovers.

Who are the terrorist lovers? If you are referring to me as one please explain how I am a terrorist lover[/quote]

Because you love terrorists

Fingal Flano wrote:

larryduff wrote:

[quote]Fingal Flano wrote:

[quote]Im seeing a lot of past tense being used by you Terrorist lovers.

Who are the terrorist lovers? If you are referring to me as one please explain how I am a terrorist lover[/quote]

Because you love terrorists[/quote]

No I don’t. Fool.

Here take your turban off and sort your head out. Clown.

shoot at the tires

the car was driving away from a checkpoint