Tinnion returns to training, ClarkeyCat and Juhniallio to return?

Big news for TFK fans everywhere - having not kicked a ball in anger since January 5th, I returned to light training last night in advance of our new season commencing next Tuesday. The good news is I came through it without difficulties and look forward to putting the personal problems that ruined last season behind me. I fully intend to repay the faith Rocko has shown in me.

I’ve also heard that Juhniallio may be returning to TFK for part of the season on a timeshare basis between TFK and Chinese side Lanzhou Flying Horses. Meanwhile Clarkey is returning after failing to impress in the A-League with Syndey FC.

The news that the people wanted to hear no doubt.

I’m just delighted for Brian that after all the patience and help afforded him during a difficult time he has managed to pull through and from what I’ve seen of him lately he looks in better shape than ever. Really think this is the season we’ll make the big breakthrough.

I don’t want to comment too much on media speculation when contracts are unsigned but I can confirm the following:

• Juhniallio will not be returning this season. Things haven’t worked out as hoped in China but we’re going to persevere with that training regime for the next year or so anyway. What sort of message would it send out to our opponents if we took in some washed-up star who couldn’t hold down a place in the Chinese Premiership.

• Clarkeycat is a different story. Negotiations are at a difficult stage but after some initial contact a couple of months ago I’ve been in direct talks with Clarkey over the past couple of days. He may not arrive for the start of the season because he has sponsors commitments in NZ and Thailand which must be fulfilled but all going well I hope to announce something in the coming weeks.

Tinnion is an alright sort.