Tipperary GAA 2023

Cat Kitten GIF by Demic

1 Like

Nasty stuff

Great to hear from Oā€™Shea about him.

5 Likes

A real notable touch of class.

Class.

Interesting to see how Holycross go tonight in what will be there first appearance in a Co. Quarter Final in 20 years or so.

Their management duo of Gary Byrne and Michael Ryan are both living in Kiladangan parish which is an interesting subplot but I donā€™t think it will be enough to tip the scales.
Kiladangan had their number in the 2017 and 2019 Co. Under 21 A Finalā€™s and youā€™d expect the winning sequence to continue. Once they lock down Woods up front, they should have more than enough everywhere else.

Holycross are the coming team no doubt about it with their avalanche of underage prospects coming through, but Kiladangan are the present and have gone about their business well this year, the only real blip being defeat to Borrisileigh in what was a funny old game of two halves.

1 Like

Unbelievableā€¦ @Bod95 and the Limericks could do with remembering when half days were given Limerick secondary schools when Tipperary hurlers came in with the Liam McCarthy in 1989.

1 Like

Eaten breadā€¦

Hard to see how they can have two double headers in Semple tomorrow and Sunday in this case.

On another note the County need a serious reality check. I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on but the ticket prices are an absolute shambles. Its now 15 euro for a standalone Quarter Final, 15 euro for a double header and 36 for a weekend pass which nobody is going to avail of.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be shook after a stag party but hope to be in Semple on Sunday to see Drom take on SARS.

Drom have never beaten SARS in a knockout match in the Stadium in the past 15 years but this isnā€™t the SARS of old and I think it will go down to the wire.

1 Like

Is Springer still doing the business for ye?

I hope to be in attendance too.

Did they ever beat SARS in Semple?

By my reckoning victories for SARS in 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2014 (one of the great games).

Drom beat SARS in the Group Stages in 2018 ensuring we had that epic series of Play Offā€™s in Templetuohy midweek under lights between Drom/SARS/Upperchurch to see who qualified.

3 Likes

Beat them last year in group fare.

Ah yes, how could i forget. Hammered them in fact.

But knockout is all that counts.

Sars are better than last year, but Drom should be at the right age profile now with the mix of youth and the Hall of Famers like Callanan/Springer/Collins. Funny how the people of Drom though donā€™t seem to rate their young bucks at all.

True that. Podge Campion is centre back and there are lads who wouldnā€™t have them on the team at all for being to risky and not doing any actual defending and marking.

Callanan is the talisman but Springer is probably the most popular player, especially amongst the more vocal Drom side of the parish. A common thing in a lot of parishes is that county players find it hard to win the approval of club stalwarts who would have little interest in the county scene

In fairness I doubt anyone in Drom would have anything negative to say about Callanan. Heā€™s always turned up and done it.

Even when he wasnā€™t going great in a County Semi Final v Loughmore back in 2012 and the crowd were kind of getting on his back in the first 45 minutes, he finished strong before taking over completely in Extra Time and ended up scoring something like 2-13. He really silenced any doubters very quickly.

1 Like

Would they not take the games out of Thurles for a bit of atmosphere?

Where will the Cork Hurling Quarter Finalā€™s be played?

You fucking charlatan

They 100% shouldnā€™t be played in Pairc UI Caoimh. Madness to me. Those games should be played in the likes of Midleton and Mallow. They would double the crowd.