Tipperary GAA 2023

Presuming that Barrett is out, I’m guessing they go back to Johnny Ryan?

If Morris is out, does Bowe get the start? There may be a few other changes to freshen it up.

21 different starters after the three games so they are mixing it up a bit. 3 others have got gametime from bench.

1 Like

You’d wonder will they be able to fill 26 at all the next day if Barrett and Morris are gone.

Who else is even on the panel outside the current 26 and fit to tog out? Jack Ryan maybe?

They must be stuck for numbers if the two Campions from Drom are on the bench. Grand club hurlers but nowhere near the level required to be competitive for Inter county

You’ve Jack Ryan, Kian O’Kelly, Cian O’Dwyer, Paddy Creedon and Conor McCarthy left I think. Maybe Gavin Ryan too. Most of these lads are only kept on because of the huge injury list Cahill is faced with.

McCarthy looks an ok option but I’d doubt many of the rest will ever play a minute of intercounty championship hurling. I sat beside a Clonoulty lad at the game. He didn’t seem to think Ryan was an option anyway. Fine club hurler but this is a step up.

Agree rating. Sure they’d Joe Fogarty there the last day too. Joe would be grand for coming on against a team of the calibre of Laois or Wexford and snapping a few handy points. You wouldn’t be firing him into the melting pot of a Munster championship game.

The Campions seem to blessed with the same pace as their Loughmore cousins @StoneCold

John has a bit of speed and may make an option in time in the middle of the field. The older lad I saw a couple of times last year scoring a couple of spectacular points from distance but was poor against Kildangan, caught in no mans land at centre back with his man scoring three points and conceding another few frees.

Down to the bare bones really.

A sprinkling of Hall of Famers on their last legs, raging against the dying of the light with a bunch of unheralded rookies filling in the gaps around them.

Brendan Maher was in front of me at the game. Looked as fit as ever. I’m sure he’d still be a better option that some of the lads mentioned above.

2 Likes

We weren’t that far from each other so. He was about ten rows down in front of me. I was up towards the back.

1 Like

On paper, whatever 26 Waterford name for Sunday will be a lot stronger than Tipp’s.

We’ll probably still beat them by 10 or 15 points but you’d have to be wary of them.

The second fella of the Campions, John, will make a fine inter county midfielder in time.

Conor McCarthy prob a more natural corner back than Johny Ryan. The way Waterford set up, they could pick 6 half backs and be fine.

Waterford might suit Brian McGrath actually. He will get to hurl a world of ball

Creedon & Leamy should be in there?

I’m not sure if Creedon was dropped along with James Quigley and Shane Neville a few months ago. He wasn’t really standing out for the Thurles Sars Under 21’s over the winter.

Leamy was never on the panel.

Creedon still on extended panel as far as I know.

1 Like

I’d have Sean Kenneally in there over any of them.

2 Likes

McGarry surely worth a place too?

4 week sideline ban for Cahill :flushed:

I look forward to this rule being implemented across all the games and managers getting red cards.
He was clearly angry at the end and made it known but no worse than Davy or anyone else.