Tipperary GAA 2023

I wouldn’t consider it open at all with the seating at both sides of the pitch. There’s a very distance between both 65s.

The fact there are no nets behind the top end might feed slightly into this. It’s an immaculate surface.

It is a while since I played on it.

Most club pitches in Tipperary play small due to seats at both sides and biggish crowds that go to games.

Clonoulty, Dolla & Templetuohy prob play bigger than the rest.

The Ragg, Holycross, Dundrum, Clonmel, Nenagh, Borris are all typical tight club fields.

Total different game for the knockout stages in the Stadium.

1 Like

The Ragg is only a Camogie length pitch (65m is half way). Unless you’re on about Drom/Inch’s pitch?

They are both the Ragg.

The Drom/Inch pitch would be more widely known. It’s also short with a wind generally blowing straight down towards the village.

Not that short compared to Holycross or Templemore. It is as wide as Semple Stadium.

Ah here

2 Likes

What always surprised me about Tipp field is the stands on the sideline. There’s no pitch in Limerick i know of with a similar setup.

That’s Andy Moloney on the sideline.

I know, didn’t need to mention him after the pasting his team took

Is he over Cashel?

1 Like

Second or third year now

The 200 Limerick club fans have to be caged off away for the pitch.

1 Like

Maybe it’s the wind that always blows there.

I don’t get it

Doon?

They are half Tipp sure

1st round fixtures for Senior, Premier Intermediate and Intermediate County Champoonships for weekend 28th-30th of July.

North Senior Hurling Final - Kiladangan v Eire Og Nenagh 7.00pm Saturday July 22nd Dolla
Mid Senior Hurling Final - Thurles Sarsfields v Upperchurch-Drombane 1.00pm Sunday July 23rd Littleton
South Senior Hurling Final - Killenaule v Carrick Swan 7.00pm Saturday July 22nd Clonmel Sportsfield

2 Likes

The Tipperary county board putting on a very attractive double header in the Stadium on Sunday week @peddlerscross (club double headers in the Stadium are rarely very attractive).

A club double header in the Stadium on a crisp October Sunday afternoon is exceedingly attractive.

A double header on a Sunday morning in July before dinner time is simply incredulous but that’s the reality now of the split season.