Tom Brady - On Tablet watch

I think it was 03 or 04? It was one where he was being interviewed anyway which definitely wasnā€™t 01.

1 Like

Brady has top spot in the new SI football book but plenty of credit is awarded to Bill, like Montana and Walsh theyā€™re a perfect fit, however to Bradyā€™s credit heā€™s never had anything even approaching a Jerry Rice to throw to.
Thereā€™s a lot of factors go into making a great (ultimately very successful) quarterback, Elway and Marino in particular could have been anything at different clubs

Randy Moss in 07. Gronk is also the greatest tight end of all time so I wouldnā€™t be that quick to suggest that.

1 Like

Where was Gronk last year?

There for a lot of the year.

I didnā€™t say Brady didnā€™t do without at times, all players do. 06 was the worst talent heā€™s ever had at the position.

Gronk is still one of the greatest receiving threats of all time and has played with Brady. @backinatracksuit said heā€™s never had anything even approaching a Jerry Rice to throw to, objectively and in all fairness, thatā€™s utter nonsense.

1 Like

Apart from gronk whoā€™ll steamroller anyone who gets in his way, all 6ft7 and 19 stones of him.

1 Like

Fucking gronk is the most deadliest weapon In the Nfl. What he done against Pittsburgh was unforgettable.

That Pittsburgh D is shite. Look at the points racked up by Jags last week and a hero made out of Bortles FFS

What are you saying spider?

Brent Jones was clearly nowhere as good as Gronk but he was a very good TE and gave Montana options in the west coast offense. Rice, Taylor, Jones, Craig and Rathman were significantly ahead of anything Brady has ever had. Reluctant as I am to admit it, Brady is the GOAT, Montana second.

3 Likes

Jones wasnā€™t his TE until 89, if he was we wouldnā€™t have got this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14CKs0rY0jE

Gronkowski
Hernandez
Moss
Welker
Dillon
Branch
Edelman

Rathman ffs. A very good player but being on Americaā€™s Game doesnā€™t mean he was elite or anything. Heā€™s like a Kevin Faulk or Troy Brown.

The big thing that modern players have is free agency and less possibility of an offense lasting a decade, but it goes both ways and itā€™s the same with defenses.

The biggest advantage Joe had was Bill Walsh.

1 Like

Other than Montana no one has. Elway had fuck all to throw to until they went shit or bust in his last few years.

Moss came at the tail end of his career - Heā€™s really only had Gronk and heā€™s been out an awful lot with injuries - has missed very large chunks of a lot of seasons.

Welker and Edleman were made by Tom and wouldnt be in the conversation elsewhere.

Welker scored more TDs in a season at Denver with Peyton Manning throwing him the pigskin that he ever did with Brady.

I hope Peyton thanked Tom.

Thanking him for throwing less TDs than he was able to?

Thatā€™d be a bizarre move.

Nonsense. Moss was 30 when he came in ffs. He was still in his prime.

Welker without the suspension and concussions was going to have similar years he had in New England at the Broncos.

Itā€™s actually just like saying Joe Montana made Craig or Taylor. Neither were drafted that high or played fantastically elsewhere. They were successful at the 49ers.

Steve Young did, he was made look outstanding as well, great great receivers make quarterbacks look much better,
I made a comment earlier and to be honest I hadnā€™t realised Gronks stats were so outstanding, still nowhere near Jerry Rice though

And just exactly how many tight ends would you expect to have stats near jerry rice?

2 Likes

Gronks stats are absolutely outstanding but theres more to it than stats alone, Rice was a different threat