Tom Brady - On Tablet watch

Apparently he also sustained a cut on his hand and needed a blood transfusion.

1 Like

He’s in an awful way.

Pray for him.

He might even miss practice today, unheard of.

Ooffffttttt!

Ah FFS he’s not even the greatest TB12

So was Faulk and Brown. You put it out there like he was one of the GOATs, he wasn’t. He was a great player and worthy of the 49ers Hall of Fame but it’s laughable to say he’s more impactful than Randy Moss, Welker Edelman, Dillon or Branch as you suggested. It’s actually insane to suggest that.

You’ve changed now to it being the 88-89 aspect that established Joe as the GOAT but the exact same thing can be said of Brady.

No Patriots offense in the first three wins was that outstanding.

It was actually 06 where you really started to see Brady’s greatness. Poor receivers and he got them to an AFC Championship game.

Then Moss and Welker arrived, along with the likes of Stallworth who was hardly a bum himself. The first portion of Brady’s stats being off the wall came with those two. Then we had the Gronk/Edelman era.

Joe had great players around him and so did Brady.

The biggest argument in favour of Brady in a Montana v Brady argument in favour of Brady is Bill Walsh and his offense which was successful long after he left and with different players. Then again, you can say that QBs came into replace Brady over the years and were highly successful themselves.

I personally would look at a couple of other QBs I’d prefer myself.

Tbf that’s not all true.

Brady to Moss was a thing of beauty. The dunking to Welker underneath with that was when the Pats really started to use the underneath to exploit teams as they had such a good long weapon. The quick fire passes really started once Moss was traded and Gronk came in. You had Welker still, Gronk, Hernandez and Edelman breaking through.

The west coast offense was also a system that was hugely designed around short sharp routes with lots of YAC. Rice was renowned for it.

You’re comparing apples and oranges and tying yourself up in knots.

You said Dwight Clark wouldn’t have made “the catch” in 1982 if Brent Jones had been there, a lunatic argument given Dwight Clarke was a WR and Jones a TE who would have been blocking on the play.
Faulk was a RB and brown a WR, no comparison at all to Rathman, a FB and an excellent one, especially in the west coast offense.

Obviously when I mentioned Rice, Taylor, Jones, Craig and Rathman I’m talking about the 88-90 team. Montana was a great QB all his career but it was that team that elevated him to GOATBB. Barring his injury against the Giants in the 90 Championship game they would most likely have won the 3-peat and be serious contenders for greatest NFL team of all time.

My point that Brady has never had an offensive unit like the 88-90 Niners stands.

He’ll have 6 in 3 weeks. And we’ll still be hearing shit.

That wasn’t your point.

You explicitly said;

A lineup with Moss, Welker, Watson, Evans, Stallworth, Gaffney, Faulk, Maroney - that is as easily good as that Niners line up, even if that was a solid basis for an argument about the GOAT. A couple of years does not make the player, not by a long shot.

He could be retired by Monday,nothing is for sure!

OK wickersham.

[quote=“Tim_Riggins, post:591, topic:20088, full:true”]
A lineup with Moss, Welker, Watson, Evans, Stallworth, Gaffney, Faulk, Maroney - that is as easily good as that Niners line up… [/quote]

Eh?, that cast of characters got to one SB and lost it!
The 03/04 Pats were a much better “team”, nowhere near the 88-90 Niners though.

The 07 Patriots broke nearly every record in the book before the upset. That offense was as good as anything Montana had.

Tom in a lot of pain and is 50//50 to play tomorrow

Sunday even.

Not looking good :disappointed_relieved:

Watching NFL total access there - Apparently When Tom used to play with Willie he didnt like to wear a glove

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Brian Hoyer, Case Keenum, Nick Foles and Blake Bortles the starting qbs on conference weekend potentially…
fair to say the men in white coats would be coming had anyone predicted that